CE or FCC Phantom 3 advanced

CE or FCC is automatically set based on your GPS location.

Yes -- move to the US ;)

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Get some parabolic reflectors.

Your Phantom will never know the difference.

No a work around has not been found yet, and it's not set by GPS location. Even dji direct will tell you that.

Well, for a start you'll reclaim the option to set the channels manually in the app
There is a suspicion the power by location is not as *smart* as suggested.
It's surprisingly difficult to measure what power it is putting out, it has been suggested the power is modulated depending on how far away it is, and in FCC mode it is able to increase slightly more at a distance but is the same close too.
In any case the CE version still has a range around 2KM in line of sight.
The parabolic boosters will give you far more range than the slight power reduction takes away (close to double)

do you think it could depend on your ip address ive noticed if i use a vpn and go onto the dji website from the united states it say us on the screen if i go on without the vpn it says uk so i download the firmware from the us website and i have never lost the signal while flying in the uk but ive only been out to 1 and a half miles with full signal

It is a mystery as yet and it is one i would like to know my self, i answered a bit in haste last night but this is what i have learnt so far about it. Dji claim they are factory set according to there shipping destination, i have emailed them a number of times about this and have had the same reply every time, but we all know we cant take this as solid. The next is a company in the uk were selling the pros cheap on ebay a few months ago for £899, i contacted dji about the company to see if they were legit and knew of company as they seemed far to cheap. Dji replied that they were one of there american distributors somehow selling them in the uk cheap on ebay and must have got round import and tax somehow. They told me that these carfts would be FCC models and if flown in the UK it would be against EU regulations and i would be breaking the law. I contacted quadcopters.uk and heliguy and they both confirmed that they knew of this seller in the uk selling them cheap on ebay and that they were FCC models and against the law to fly in the uk. So after all this a few months ago i was pretty convinced they were factory set according to there shipping destination.
The other week there was a thread on here with someone believing it could be something to do with the App we use and our tablets which might set it which is an interesting though.
I do wish someone would hack this tho and find a way round it, if nothing else but to learn the truth about how it is set, one thing for sure is dji do not want us finding out about this, maybe that's why they say they are factory set, to throw us a curve ball maybe.

Reactions: Mr.Spock and rigor
No doubt with all else equal height will improve range.

The old rule of thumb I recall is: height increases range, power increases penetration

I tried changing my location to USA but still cant change channel selection to "manual"

Maybe i need to reinstall the app?

its NOT location but localisation, big difference and all of sudden you get the options.

You mean i should reset my device to factory settings and activate it USA localization or? I use an Iphone.
no just set the localisation to usa.
NOT The location, both are in the settings of iPhone.

In the settings, of iOS
It gives ability to allow Chanel selection (an problaby power to fcc automatically)

hello,

have a file loaded in my Dji App, switch the region to US. now I see 32 channels, although the remote control works only in the field 13-20. is now the FCC Mode ?

greetings from Germany

hello,

have a file loaded in my Dji App, switch the region to US. now I see 32 channels, although the remote control works only in the field 13-20. is now the FCC Mode ?

greetings from Germany

With the 32 channel mod, channels 13-20 are still highlighted and are the only channels that work when channel is set to auto. But selecting a channel manually will allow you to go to any of the 32 unlocked channels for the Radio and FPV feed.

I'm not so sure the region setting on your device being in USA will make your remote work in FCC mode or not. You would need a modded remote for screw in antennas and plug the antenna out into a power meter and run tests with different settings. If power and range is ever an issue its easy enough to use better antennas as well as amplifier to more than make up the difference.

Multichannel mod helps because you can select channels that have very low interference (outside the band of consumer gadgets)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues