CE / FCC

Good work, VonMacher.

That sticker on the smaller transmitter looked vaguely familiar. It starts out ... MAC 60601F... and so I did a quick search and found those numbers coincide with the old MAC addresses we used to need to bind a new camera to the 2.4 transmitter and flight app and make it work on the Phantom 2 Visions.

Here is a random thread I found in a quick search:

Tutorial: How to get the MAC address of a new camera

https://phantompilots.com/attachments/p2v-ch-11-png.7471/

On the Vision though, the MAC address was associated with the transmitter in the camera on the AC (If you bought a new or used camera, it would include a MAC address which you would type into your app during the binding process). In this case, it seems to be associated with the transmitter in the controller. So this makes sense if the MAC address is needed to handshake between one end of the wifi connection and the other end. In other words, this seems to strengthen the lightbridge theory because it appears the wifi starts and ends with the controller and flight app. Furthermore, the two patch antennas must be the two lightbridge antennas in the classic lightbridge systems - one for receiving and one for transmitting.

This also explains why DJI uses two different colored cables (one grey, one black) coming from the lower transmitter.

Well, according to tests I made, both side panel antennas are used for exactly the same purpose. If I remove one of those, just slight signal degradation but video and control are still usable. If I remove both, and little stick antenna is connected, I loose drone connection, but WiFi connection to phone is still at -30 dBm, which is more that good.
So yes, side panel antennas are for RC - drone link, they work together in both directions. Why 2? Maybe for wider angle of radiation with same gain.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Chances are you are getting a signal even with the antenna cable disconnected - I believe the signal will radiate from the transmitter - but poorly. I seriously doubt you'd get much distance. Also - you must be careful because there is a real danger that the transmitter or transceiver will over heat and burn up without an antenna connected.

Re the FCC/CE mode of those flying in Europe, I have messaged Marco Fan who flew his SE 4250 meters in Italy. He says he did no mods at all. Everything is stock. BUT - - he has the DJI Go 4 app installed on his mobile device which he uses to fly his Mavic and that app is "modded" (I read it as "hacked") to work as FCC mode in Europe - SO, he wonders if there isn't some kind of intersection between the two apps that causes the straight Go app to use FCC mode - and I do too!.

yes confirm, this video is mine

that result is awesome for me to, no antenna mods or amplifier, i dont understand if my Ph3 SE during the tests was in FCC or CE (i live in Italy, Sardinia)
in my android device the situation was:
-Original DJI Go 3.1.18 (used with this test)
-DJI Go 4 Mod for FCC (usually used with my Mavic)
that's all....... you think my DJI GO 4 modded.. can influence to the other app DJI GO? the two app have some settings files shared? i don't know

Chances are you are getting a signal even with the antenna cable disconnected - I believe the signal will radiate from the transmitter - but poorly. I seriously doubt you'd get much distance. Also - you must be careful because there is a real danger that the transmitter or transceiver will over heat and burn up without an antenna connected.

Don't worry, it was on ground test and just a few seconds w/o antennas (cables were connected). Told you I'm gonna do this tests when my ARGtek arrives, so I'm doing it. Beside that, I believe modern transmitters should have fail safe built in, where they should lower down Tx power in case of large SWR values and no load on output side.

yes confirm, this video is mine

that result is awesome for me to, no antenna mods or amplifier, i dont understand if my Ph3 SE during the tests was in FCC or CE (i live in Italy, Sardinia)
in my android device the situation was:
-Original DJI Go 3.1.18 (used with this test)
-DJI Go 4 Mod for FCC (usually used with my Mavic)
that's all....... you think my DJI GO 4 modded.. can influence to the other app DJI GO? the two app have some settings files shared? i don't know

Hi MarcoFun,

It is common that you can fly over 1000 meter with stable video signal?
Did you ever fly with your SE outside Sardinia, in Europe? If yes was the range similar? Just asked, because many of us think, that your drone had to fly for any reason with FCC regulation. And FCC control is based on aicrafts GPS result, so I don't think, that mobile software can change this...

no mate, never with SE outside Sardinia, for my trips i bring Mavic :D in my YT channel watch video "My Mavic in Singapore" ;)

yes of course FCC check is based on GPS
i repeat is strange for me too

my friend with iPad mini 3 reach 1,7km..... in the same place

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-10-25 at 19.47.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-10-25 at 19.47.41.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 376
Hi MarcoFun,

It is common that you can fly over 1000 meter with stable video signal?
Did you ever fly with your SE outside Sardinia, in Europe? If yes was the range similar? Just asked, because many of us think, that your drone had to fly for any reason with FCC regulation. And FCC control is based on aicrafts GPS result, so I don't think, that mobile software can change this...

Yes, it is GPS positioning related. But as far as I know, if you move to other region the system will prompt you that region has been changed so would you like to accept changes. That is how that modded DJI Go 4 operates. Basically it fools the system with info regarding region. All you have to do is once accept the change. Than you cal leave that app and start your own. When your app prompts for region change you have to Cancel it (that has to be done every time you start your own app. If you accept the change, it will revert it back to CE). Than you are free to go with FCC.
Nice thing, but it won't operate with DJI Go 3 based drones because it is not possible to connect P3 SE drone to that app. Sadly...

I can fly my SE in CE for about 2km far, and I still have just one missing stick from the signal indicator. I was surprised too, but it's true. Didn't test the end, because I was shy, but I'll do that as soon as it's not gonna be rainy. Had a few signal drops, but overall it was 2100m. Who needs signal booster? I thing that was in 2.4GHz, I didn't change anything at the frequency...

Reactions: VonMacher
I can fly my SE in CE for about 2km far, and I still have just one missing stick from the signal indicator. I was surprised too, but it's true. Didn't test the end, because I was shy, but I'll do that as soon as it's not gonna be rainy. Had a few signal drops, but overall it was 2100m. Who needs signal booster? I thing that was in 2.4GHz, I didn't change anything at the frequency...

Thanks for the info. Where are you from my man? Where did you fly? Was it completely open field with no houses and signal towers around?

I have answer for the big question... I just upgraded my firmware and it brought the answer. Immediately realised it was in FCC mode, and adjusted itself to CE mode. If you have great distance, don't upgrade... Now my distance is less then half of it was before... Any idea? Not exactly how to downgrade, but how to bypass the CE regulation? I'm not planning to fly far away, but I'd like to have strong signal on my flights...

I have answer for the big question... I just upgraded my firmware and it brought the answer. Immediately realised it was in FCC mode, and adjusted itself to CE mode. If you have great distance, don't upgrade... Now my distance is less then half of it was before... Any idea? Not exactly how to downgrade, but how to bypass the CE regulation? I'm not planning to fly far away, but I'd like to have strong signal on my flights...

Did app asked you to change the region, or it done it by itself?
Honestly, I would downgrade my system down to hell just to get that freaking FCC working.

It actually didn't ask, it sait it will adjust the wifi settings regarding the region change, and I had no chance to cancel, there was just an OK button...

It actually didn't ask, it sait it will adjust the wifi settings regarding the region change, and I had no chance to cancel, there was just an OK button...

I may was wrong, and it asked me, can't remember exactly, but it's not important anymore... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT