CBS This Morning: Quadcopter Weddings

Reaction score
Finally....Some Positive Prime Airtime.
The News show "CBS This Morning" ran a story about a photographer that's in the business of using his Phantom with GoPro for wedding pictures. Now...We all know who's going to be stopping by to see him soon. But due to have a rather large Dronefly sticker on the front of his quad, maybe they will pocket his fine he'll be getting.

The best part of this video is where the guy makes it clear that we Do Not use the word drone. As he said, we call them Quadcopters. :geek:

http://youtu.be/qvOSdaqLa-E

Looks like an ND filter...I need one myself.

I got a negative view of the segment myself, as it showed a quad beaming a wedding couple, then they viewed a photographer saying how impersonal or something to that effect quads are at a wedding, then they mention about ALL the near misses they have had with airplanes, then they said they should be flown indoors. Some one doesn't want quads to be flown outside, I wonder why??? I am beginning to think I might change my mind on the purchase of a DJI Phantom if they will make them illegal to fly out doors or within a small restricted area, seems like a lot of money just to be able to fly around a the yard. Please note the segment I watched was on "The Today Show"

The Today Show did a similar story this morning too! They actually showed footage from a photographer, who flew is bird (a DJI Phantom of some kind) into the side of a grooms head. He was doing a low "fly-by" of the bride and groom and was unfortunately a little too low. The groom escaped with minor cuts to the side of his head.

slothead said:
CarlJ said:
Looks like an ND filter...I need one myself.
It sure looked dark for an ND - maybe 10 stops. But that would take a platform a lot steadier than a phantom.

Could just be the way the light is hitting it...or not hitting it.

Thanks Tom, now my head hurts... :?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.