CAUTION! VPS AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE

Took the P3A back out again today for several flights and since the latest update, IMU calibration after fridge chill and calibration, still very reliable as it was originally. Besides the app wanting to die a time or two during flight all is great...

colleagues I have a question I bought the aipad air, but when the phantom this flying .the signal begins to lose what I look on the ipad is that it does not run in real time and the image expands. and it is impossible to watch since the image expands much.
Thank you for your help.o_O

colleagues I have a question I bought the aipad air, but when the phantom this flying .the signal begins to lose what I look on the ipad is that it does not run in real time and the image expands. and it is impossible to watch since the image expands much.
Thank you for your help.o_O

Nice way of bumpin the thread up! Why don't you create a new thread and you might get some help.

Reactions: Sammynels
I got the same problem. All sorted out after a proper IMU cal. Away from tin roof and electric wires. Preferably open fiels.

Now all we need is someone else still experiencing the VPS issues to try what you did and we have ourselves a winner.

Doesn't work, if you look in the text file after popping it back in it'll read "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."

I think we just have to be patient and remember that it does not happen all the time - I flew my P3P fine after the update, only on the second flight did the VPS errors start.

Gents, I found a problem with the new firmware. It may be widespread or just on my bird (doubt it). My VPS isn't working properly. Once the craft is about 4'feet from the ground it descends to the ground without notice. It won't hold altitude under 10 feet. It just lands and not too slowly either. Just an FYI to keep your hands on your controls and eyes in the sky when your bringing her in. Has nothing to do with battery level etc and I checked and double checked all settings. Ugh. Come on DJI. And yes, no issues with my bird prior. It flew fine 20 mins before the firmware was updated. Thx and I hope this helps a few of you out there avoid meltdown. Let's hope there is a fix lined up for this.
NEVER install firmware until hundreds have tried it. The 1st release ALWAYS comes with free bugs.

Because you get warning messages all over the screen telling you to update! :)
That's why I updated. Got tired of the messages. So I updated. Nothing worked right after the update. I really wonder why that only happens to some only, not all. There must have to be a glitch of some sort in the DNA of the invention. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think DJI knows why only some and not all. Poltergeist possibly?

Hi all, just had the same issue with my P3 advanced, not flown it for a few months due to the crappy weather in the UK so I just decided to update the firmware and take it for a quick test run. It just started to descend on its own so I thought I better go on the web and have a look if anybody else is having the same issues now I know it's the firmware I'm going to backdated to the previous one.

Gents, I found a problem with the new firmware. It may be widespread or just on my bird (doubt it). My VPS isn't working properly. Once the craft is about 4'feet from the ground it descends to the ground without notice. It won't hold altitude under 10 feet. It just lands and not too slowly either. Just an FYI to keep your hands on your controls and eyes in the sky when your bringing her in. Has nothing to do with battery level etc and I checked and double checked all settings. Ugh. Come on DJI. And yes, no issues with my bird prior. It flew fine 20 mins before the firmware was updated. Thx and I hope this helps a few of you out there avoid meltdown. Let's hope there is a fix lined up for this.

Mine descends at about 1 ft per 3 seconds. Had to turn off :(

Everybody rushing to update!! If there's nothing wrong with your aircraftt, WHY UPDATE? I'm just saying...
You are correct ... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" !!! The most recent release of firmware for the P4P+ did nothing positive over the previous release before that. In fact all it did was break things that worked well before upgrading and it added serious restrictions to functionality that also was used and appreciated before the upgrade as well as degrade communications dependability. Absolutely nothing gained in the long run ... it pays to wait for a good product to be released, well vetted by the masses 1st !!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik