CAUTION! VPS AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE

I'm very disappointed with the FW update created issues on my P3A. The drift is significant and the inability to hover in place has been lost for me. It was scary at first after my normal take off. Instead of the normal rock solid hover in place like a hummingbird, it just slid sideways and lost altitude. Nothing that could not be handled, but still alarming when the behavior was completely out of the ordinary and unexpected. A good reminder to always expect the unexpected while flying.

I'll for sure be sending my flight logs into DJI as they have requested. At least it seems as if DJI is aware of the problem they created and that they are putting immediate resources on it to get a fix. Time will tell I suppose.
Did you recalibrate IMU after the FW update?

Gents, I found a problem with the new firmware. It may be widespread or just on my bird (doubt it). My VPS isn't working properly. Once the craft is about 4'feet from the ground it descends to the ground without notice. It won't hold altitude under 10 feet. It just lands and not too slowly either. Just an FYI to keep your hands on your controls and eyes in the sky when your bringing her in. Has nothing to do with battery level etc and I checked and double checked all settings. Ugh. Come on DJI. And yes, no issues with my bird prior. It flew fine 20 mins before the firmware was updated. Thx and I hope this helps a few of you out there avoid meltdown. Let's hope there is a fix lined up for this.

Having the same issue. Updated yesterday and flew today, flew great at first then came the altitude and VPV issues. Also, a good amount of lag via my live image and VERY choppy. Received a UltraSonar error, land immediately message. Is this due to the newest firmware update?
Hopefully DJI fixes this ASAP

I tested out the 1.2.6 tonight on my P3P, no question there are issues.

Right off the start I'm noticing the motors are much louder on startup. After takeoff the p3 was drifting quite a bit, I had to constantly correct its position. Landed safely but it was a hard landing, the sonar was not slowing it down like it used to on numerous flights before.

I just noticed the P3A got a rushed 1.2.8 update this evening, hopefully they've got something coming out for the P3P

I have noticed that my VPS isn't working right after the 1.2.6 firmware update. I took off and tried to hover at around 8' when I noticed the craft start to go down steadily in a moderate decent. I did not interfere until it's only 4 feet and still shows no sign of stopping so I increase throttle to gain height. I will try this again sometime and see if it will still do the same. if so, then it is caused by the new firmware update and I hope DJI is cooking another update ASAP.

it would appear we ARE the beta testers... no way it can be widespread like this without DJI seeing the issue...

I updated my P3P firmware to V1.02.0006 and made a test flight this morning. All was good, apart from after about 10 minutes of flying I got a message saying:

"OPTICAL SENSOR FAILURE - PLEASE LAND IMMEDIATELY"

I landed, restarted and made another flight with no errors reported. I did however notice that on landing it seemed unusually jumpy when about 12" from the ground. Perhaps I'll switch off the optical assistance for now as I am not planning to fly indoors.

Prior to this, it has all worked faultlessly.

Looks like a firmware update just posted for P3A? I had the same VPS and sensor errors last night, hope this addresses.
Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 6.15.48 AM.png

Someone else update to 1.2.8 and see if it fixes the VPS and "Ultrasonic" errors. I was the guinea pig last time and got burned! Hahaha

It seems to me like it's going to take a while for the VPS issue to be fixed. Why would they roll out the 4:3 correction and not add a VPS fix? If this firmware doesn't fix it, it's gonna be a while imo.

@Sammynels, That is what I have a big issue with, wrt DJI, they just rush everything out and expect us to be happy... unacceptable...

I don't think this happened with previous firmware updates, but what I noticed with this one is that it reset all customer settings in the app. I had the Ultrasonic Error early on, on 2nd or 3rd flight, while flying over a forest canopy, 50-60M up. DJI support said calibrate IMU and call if it repeats. I decided, instead, to just turn off VPS. Not problem since. Yesterday, after the update, I got the error again (over water). Returned to land and opened the app settings to turn it off. Later in the same flight, switch to A mode and got message saying I would have to turn on Multiple Flight Mode to use it. I did that after flight one. Looked around and noticed that all of my custom gain and brake speeds were gone too.

It would be nice if firmware updates could cache and reload custom settings to the app. Sure there are possible errors that could happen if a pilot is not expecting his/her P3 to have had settings reset.

To the people having the issues; did you do a Full IMU calibration after updating?

I guess it wasn't a bad thing I didn't have the time to update yet... I'll be holding out a bit even though I usually just update to the latest firmware. Watching this space.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl