Caution: P4 parallel charge board

Reaction score
Got this one by post today.... first impressions

1, as usual no instructions, you might ask why do you need instructions.... there is a switch, dont know what on earth that thing does.
2. The battery connectors on the charge board are quite small, does not have a tight fit on the battery, cant make it stand as shown in the ad.

The final nail in the coffin, one of the batteries did not charge, the white resistor i guess in tbe middle started over heating and burnt out.....

Luckily no damage to battery or charger.... not at all impressed with it.
20160511_113709.jpg

Got this one by post today.... first impressions

1, as usual no instructions, you might ask why do you need instructions.... there is a switch, dont know what on earth that thing does.
2. The battery connectors on the charge board are quite small, does not have a tight fit on the battery, cant make it stand as shown in the ad.

The final nail in the coffin, one of the batteries did not charge, the white resistor i guess in tbe middle started over heating and burnt out.....

Luckily no damage to battery or charger.... not at all impressed with it.View attachment 53283
The blue button is actually for this reason . If you are charging with Dji charger button is supposed to be pushed in . If you are using generic charger blue button is supposed to be pushed out. Do you remember if it was pushed in or out ? That's very important

The blue button is actually for this reason . If you are charging with Dji charger button is supposed to be pushed in . If you are using generic charger blue button is supposed to be pushed out. Do you remember if it was pushed in or out ? That's very important
Cant remember, just checked it now, and its in, havent changed it since i took it out and tried it.

But from the circuit design i can say if different batteries are in varying states of charge, then there will be bigger inrush current and the resistors are a poor attempt at balancing those.

2 batteries were at 65% and the one were the resistor got burnt out was at 35%

OK, thanks for the feedback. Mine is arriving tomorrow hopefully mine holds up I did have one of those for my p3 and loved it

Reactions: Kyle Martin
OK, thanks for the feedback. Mine is arriving tomorrow hopefully mine holds up I did have one of those for my p3 and loved it
Ahh try it and let me know, the connectors are quite a fiddly bit to get it in the battery..

I tried the parallel charger yesterday and it's completely worthless. Very hard to get the batteries to line up and does not even turn on. I'm returning this piece of crap. Do not buy this product

I also just received mine same thing happened to me the resistor over heated and burnt out .I am going to modify mine by taking out the resistors and install 5 amp diodes that will keep each battery independent of each other. Then I will use 17.5 volt switch mode power supply (12 amp total ) 4 amps for each battery

Old case of getting what you pay for.

Looking to buy the same one as Kans, do any know if it's worth the risk or can you damage your batteries? I have 4 X P4 batteries and charging takes a while with one
single charger. Thanks
4 Splits Wall Charger with Plug Adapter For DJI Phantom 4 Battery/Remote Control

Saw some replies on a facebook forum that the split charges works fine as it has invidual power supply source leads and each one supplies a 5amp output, going to try them myself, but good if someone who has them chimes in with their views.

Dont buy the charge board that works off of a single supply shared by 3 batts

Last edited:
i cant believe people are still paying for that piece of sh@@@t.

Sorry I didn't see your post until I posted above, yes it is very good, read my post above.

Thanks a lot Sinisalo, that's a bit of good news then, am making a deal with the seller on this charger as the board did not work.

Just updating you guys on the parallel charger simple trying out and it seems to be working . Here is a file with instructions

Attachments

• 1463239235264.jpg
    1463239235264.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 386
  • 1463239254003.jpg
    1463239254003.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 350
  • 1463239263386.jpg
    1463239263386.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 363
According to the seller when charging 1 or 2 batteries at the same time blue switch needs to be pushed in . When charging 3 batteries at the same time blue switched should be pushed out . I will test and charge this bat and let you guys know

Reactions: Kyle Martin

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1