Separate names with a comma.
Sign up for a weekly email of the latest drone news & information
Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fpvpilot, Jun 21, 2013.
What are the causes of fly aways? What steps can I take to prevent them from occurring?
Make sure it is warmed up. you the get the 20 green flashes and then 2 green flashes no RED flashes means it linked to sat and knows its home position. Also make sure you update the firmware.
As above + these:
- Set it up on level ground
- Slide the battery into the slot THEN plug it in... let it warm up before you even close the door. IMU is sensitive to wobbles while warming
- Caliberate IMU and Compass fairly often especially after bumpy landings (IMU)
- Don't use wifi on the Hero3. Easy to accidently start it without noticining especially if you turned the Hero annoying LEDs off.
- Don't fly near phone towers, antennas or anything that looks like it might be transmitting (the Phantom can get over dominated with another 2.4 signal and try and fly to it rather than you).
- Make sure you check the position of your IOC. Be aware the if youthink it is wandering (or you loose site) to simply breath, gain altitude (slowly), flick to Home Lock and pull back... this avoids the need for Fail Safe
- After a heavy landing open the case and make sure the Naza is rock solid... if it slips or moves about the craft will not know the centre of gravity, compensate and 'fly away'.
- Prey to the RC gods on every flight... cause sometimes things just go wrong! Just know you can't do anything about that if you've done the above (though others may have more).