Caught my P3P while dropping out of the sky using Litchi GS

Reaction score
Just wondering if i can get a little bit of advice of what happened here:

I was trying to do a video using Litchi ground station mode were i was the POI. The first waypoint was only just in front of me at an altitude of 2m (i had programmed a 10 second wait also) and the second waypoint was about 300m away and 80m high. The quad was supposed to start at 2m looking at me, and fly backwards and up to the second waypoint.

As soon as i pressed the play button to start the mission the quad went straight up to 7m then dropped from the sky like a rock. Some how i managed to switch out of F mode just before it smashed into the ground at about 30cm.

The night before i updated to 1.5.30 firmware, and the new RC firmware. Litchi is up to date. I did an IMU calibration this morning in my house and a compass calibration at the location. Battery was fully charged.

Im pretty sure this has NOTHING to do with Litchi, but thought i was important to mention.

Here is the log:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

and here is a video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My response should be considered merely speculation as I don't have an Android device (Ipad air 2) therefore I have not used Litchi...but I am using Autoflightlogic Autopilot and they have a "below the deck" feature that prevents being able have anything portion of the flight below this. Default is 26 feet and I believe yesterday I found out how to get closer to 20 feet, but haven't verified it yet. In Autopilot example, the quad should just hover. I must mention....incredible change from F to perhaps P mode to save your investment.

Awesome save.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.