Catastrophic power failure

Reaction score
Got a new DJI Phantom for Christmas. Two weeks of issue-free flights. This afternoon, installed freshly charged battery. Performed typical start (no error lights, found GPS). Took off, ascended straight up about 30 feet, went to move stick forward and it simply died. Motors stopped. No warning. Fell to the ground (asphalt). Landed on one arm, which is now bent up and the case is slightly cracked. It powered up again on the spot, but that prop is now hitting the case and is out of alignment.

Have email DJI support.

Have you heard reports of such power failures without any warning at all? Even with a replacement, this makes me nervous flying it over people or property in the future. Any thoughts on what might've caused this?

(I should point out that in the two weeks it has been flown, there has been no mishaps, crashes, collisions, fly-aways...anything.)

ghinson said:
Got a new DJI Phantom for Christmas. Two weeks of issue-free flights. This afternoon, installed freshly charged battery. Performed typical start (no error lights, found GPS). Took off, ascended straight up about 30 feet, went to move stick forward and it simply died. Motors stopped. No warning. Fell to the ground (asphalt). Landed on one arm, which is now bent up and the case is slightly cracked. It powered up again on the spot, but that prop is now hitting the case and is out of alignment.

Have email DJI support.

Have you heard reports of such power failures without any warning at all? Even with a replacement, this makes me nervous flying it over people or property in the future. Any thoughts on what might've caused this?

(I should point out that in the two weeks it has been flown, there has been no mishaps, crashes, collisions, fly-aways...anything.)

There has been several reports of sudden power failures while flying. Can you list exactly which model you have and the revision of the firmware?

How good is DJI support about stuff like this, or should I already be contacting Amazon about trying to return it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers