Catasptrophic failure - P2V+ 1 week old wrecked

Skipholiday said:
jsunww said:
I've been contemplating buying the "Toronto" P2 kit from DSLRPros for months now and haven't pulled the trigger due mostly to the issues you guys have experienced. I can't afford to buy a new one if mine decides to fly away or crash. I contacted my insurance company and asked if my policy would cover hobby aerial photo/video gear, including a drone and they said they could add a special rider for "all-risk, stated value" of whatever I want. So I gave them the scenario of me flying my P2 a hundred miles from my home and it decides it would rather be a submarine and explore the bottom of the lake. They said it would be covered and I wouldn't have to pay a deductible, and that a stated value of $3000 would add $39 per year to my Home Owners Insurance premium. That's a small price to pay for knowing I can get a replacement if something like this happens. So, I'll be pulling that trigger in a couple of weeks.
If you buy the Vplus from Amazon you can purchase the additional drops and spills warranty from SafeGuard, other retailers may offer the same plan but I have only seen it on Amazon.
$80 bucks for four years.

I did read that on AMAZON & thought it was a great idea. Unfortunately, AMAZON will not ship the P2V+ to Australia!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic