Casey's Mavic Pro vs Phantom 4 vs GoPro Session 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Casey just added a comparison but his Mavic footage still looks soft.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you think he may have missed the part about the Mavic focusing?

Sent from my SM-T815Y using PhantomPilots mobile app

Without a doubt. Plus, he's been manhandling that lens over the past couple of Mavic videos. I'm betting he needs to give a wipe across the glass, too.

I think that is the only video I have seen of him not slamming equipment around. I don't follow him at all. I think his videos are somewhat entertaining. ....but not for me. When I see him slamming, throwing, dropping, and just abusing stuff like some little spoiled rich kid...I wanna slap him.

Reactions: Juergen B
This is crisp!!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It really looks like the Mavic is out of focus rather than it being "soft". It probably needs some calibration...

I think that is the only video I have seen of him not slamming equipment around. I don't follow him at all. I think his videos are somewhat entertaining. ....but not for me. When I see him slamming, throwing, dropping, and just abusing stuff like some little spoiled rich kid...I wanna slap him.

lol, when you have close to 5M subscribers, you can afford to break equipment without caring.

The Mavic footage looked pretty soft compared to the video posted by @brusca

It's the same sensor as the P4 but different lens. Hope they didn't cheap out on the lens quality, because my P3pro 4k footage looks better than that.

lol, when you have close to 5M subscribers, you can afford to break equipment without caring.

The Mavic footage looked pretty soft compared to the video posted by @brusca
I personally do not care how many people follow him. Means nothing to me. I think that if anyone finds him something worthy of following must have a weak mind. And NO, I am not jealous of what he does or how much money he may make or the free stuff that may be sent to him for him to act like a jerk. Some are followers. ...some are leaders.

Reactions: gyrex
It's the new drone from GoPro - supposed to be the Mavic killer ;)

The GoPro drone is the Karma which uses either a Hero 4 or Session 4 or the recently announced Hero 5 or Session 5 cameras. :)

What am I missing? What is a Gopro session 5?

It's that little cube video camera.

hero5-2-1474340983356-199eyujkot0z4-630-354.jpg

One of the new cameras from Gopro.....Google it for info. (It's not the drone as gyrex says it is).
You may want to read up on 'sarcasm' sometime... Also, the little wink emoticon is a dead giveaway too.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I personally do not care how many people follow him. Means nothing to me. I think that if anyone finds him something worthy of following must have a weak mind. And NO, I am not jealous of what he does or how much money he may make or the free stuff that may be sent to him for him to act like a jerk. Some are followers. ...some are leaders.

Let me back up a sec and say I hear ya loud and clear and I feel the same way you do. I don't follow or subscribe to his videos either and I don't subscribe to folks who think throwing expensive gear around like they don't care is fun or funny. I see it as wastage.

Let me back up a sec and say I hear ya loud and clear and I feel the same way you do. I don't follow or subscribe to his videos either and I don't subscribe to folks who think throwing expensive gear around like they don't care is fun or funny. I see it as wastage.
I agree 100%. I'd consider myself quite 'well off' but treat my gear with respect. Seeing someone thrash expensive gear around without a care is super irritating. It shows that someone hasn't worked hard for their money and don't respect it.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Trinimon
The GoPro drone is difference ma which uses either a Hero 4 or Session 4 or the recently announced Hero 5 or Session 5 cameras. :)

It's that little cube video camera.

hero5-2-1474340983356-199eyujkot0z4-630-354.jpg
I just got a Gopro Session a little over a month ago. What is the difference?

I understand that point of view and I know this thread is about the drone but he's a _daily_ video maker and a _very_ good one. He's _using_ his equipment. He's explained this time and time again, he respects his equipment but if he can use it around his daily life it's pointless. He can't stop and take the time to set up a tripod 50 times every day, he can't play it safe with his drone and expect people to be interested in those shots. There are millions of boring "safe" drone videos on the Internet. I get about 5 seconds into them and click off. His job is to deliver interesting shots each and every day. This requires risk. It does not mean he does not appreciate his hardware.

Reactions: Susruth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers