Casey Neistat

Reaction score
Since I know that some of members here just love (where is the sarcasm emoji??) Casey Neistat and his vlog I thought I would relay the news that he just won the award for YouTuber of the year (a Shorty). I happen to like the guy's work but I know that his Phantom crashing antics and his style rub some the wrong way. Still, he is a big promoter of quads and aerial photography.

I think his work is awesome. Great story teller and he has put drone footage in his vlog and it works great

It sucks that he doesn't practice safe flying, follow FAA rules, etc. It sets a bad example for everyone.

He's always flying in NYC and the whole city is a drone free zone from my understanding. Pretty careless on his part.

It sucks that he doesn't practice safe flying, follow FAA rules, etc. It sets a bad example for everyone.

He's always flying in NYC and the whole city is a drone free zone from my understanding. Pretty careless on his part.
I was under the impression you could fly anywhere not marked in red on this map:
NYC No fly zones.png

Is that a rorschach test? LOL :) I see a woman with big breasts. I always wanted to take one of those test so I could give that answer to every set of ink blots that I was presented.

He is a risk taker and that is fine by me as I am also cut from similar cloth. I enjoy his style of editing and the way he cuts well with the background track. It works well with the short attention span Americans.

check out his last couple of vlogs

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes I know he IS a teeny bit reckless but come on is this what the phantom SHOULD be used for? he takes it almost everywhere, and some of those shots are incredible

Top Fella IMO

Reactions: SGs and KidKobe210
It seems he takes calculated risks that border more on the dangerous side rather than the non dangerous side.

I love watching Casey's vlog everyday. He has always been rough with his equipment. It bothered me in the beginning but after watching him for almost a year and a half you start to understand why. After crashing his fourth P4 he explains some of his reasoning.

Reactions: SGs
I find his style of presentation and speaking really annoying.. Also he is a bad example of how a drone pilot should fly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: konidair and ChrisA
It's all sensationalism. I dislike his catchy video/ episodes misleading titles "she picked the lambo" when in fact there is a scene in that episode where his wife goes to *someone else's* lambo parked on the street and sort of tries to open the door.

He deserves his success and it is partly built on destroying toys we spend time babying. It's just akin to a movie crashing a BMW 7 Series or a Z8: it's part of the cost of doing business/ in the budget to generate the intended outcome/ revenue.

Finally, I find it amazing that kids flying drones are getting arrested in NYC and he goes on public channels without being bothered. Someone knows/ understands how that works?

I've been hooked on his vids for a few months. Two things that I like about his style... he's _always_ positive and uplifting. Who has good days every day? Yet you'd never see it in his vid made each and every day. He also offers some good motivational advise. The other thing I like is that I am always learning from his vids. I'm always picking little things up that are helpful (main one.... it's not about the equipment).

He recently made a vid about crashing the P4 and mentioned that people always hate in the comments when it happens. They say he's not careful with his equipment. But then he explained that every chance he gets he puts the drone up and he tries to get shots that people will like. I know first hand this means you need to push the limits. He is not ungrateful that he has access to his equipment but unless he pushes it, he's not going to make good content. I feel this every time I fly my Phantom. I know if I push some shots they will look good but that I also run a risk. Do I want to fly 5' over one spot on some grass or do I want to use my equipment to it's fullest extent. Should he just hang the P4 on his wall for people to look at or should he be flying and using it for great video. I say, more power to him.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic