Cases for Phantom Vision

thelandman said:
I have a Tradecraft case and I love it. When I first received it I noticed that the phone holder was wrong also. I think whoever designed it definitely had the holder mounted to the wrong part of the transmitter. I moved my holder to that spot and did not like it at all. It puts the phone too close to the antenna for my liking. So what I did was cut the foam the way it should have been cut in the first place. It was very easy to do. The foam is made up of multiple layers that are glued together. They did this because of the different depths of the various pockets. The top layer is about 1 inch thick and was the right depth for the phone holder. I really like this case. The foam is more rigid than the other types I've looked at. I highly recommend this case. It ships from Round Rock Texas.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Glad you are happy with the case - might you have a phone number for the Tradecraft folks? Or an email they respond to?

Hello all,
Just thought I should add an update to my earlier comments (30 Dec 2013) - I have since received several timely responses from the TradeCraft folks, (their initial response got spam blocked). They've answered my questions and ultimately offered me a military discount! My order has been placed and I'm waiting for a tracking number. Will let everyone know how I like the case once it arrives.
:cool:

Brew said:
Hello all,
Just thought I should add an update to my earlier comments (30 Dec 2013) - I have since received several timely responses from the TradeCraft folks, (their initial response got spam blocked). They've answered my questions and ultimately offered me a military discount! My order has been placed and I'm waiting for a tracking number. Will let everyone know how I like the case once it arrives.
:cool:

Just received my GoPro Vision case. Albeit pricey, I chalk it up to a "one time" expense. I'm pleased with the quality and everything fits nicely.

Knighthawk said:
Just received my GoPro Vision case. Albeit pricey, I chalk it up to a "one time" expense. I'm pleased with the quality and everything fits nicely.

Thanks for the feedback...
Any Links to the case?
What did you pay?
Any images?

I am curious if anyone is using the Pelican 1550 for the P2V? Do you have any pics you can post to show the fit and what accessories you carry? Would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

JustJames said:
flydogs said:
Here it is in my Pelican 1560 case. I have the props at an angle. The transmitter is a bit tricky with the Wifi and iPhone holder dongle. I even have a space waiting for an extra battery or two. But 310 bucks for two is STEEP!

Ha I have the same case! What made you get orange? For me it was a default. Im a fireman and our EMS division used to use these. Now they just collect dust because we switched to soft bags. It fit really well and the top has clear pockets for all kings of small part storage. The bottom is padded with sections but I think Im going to get the pull and pluck like yours. Looks sharp.

James.

I'm having a hard time finding the prop protectors for the Phantom 2 Vision's 9" blades. Can I ask where you got yours?

BigPig said:
JustJames said:
flydogs said:
Here it is in my Pelican 1560 case. I have the props at an angle. The transmitter is a bit tricky with the Wifi and iPhone holder dongle. I even have a space waiting for an extra battery or two. But 310 bucks for two is STEEP!

Ha I have the same case! What made you get orange? For me it was a default. Im a fireman and our EMS division used to use these. Now they just collect dust because we switched to soft bags. It fit really well and the top has clear pockets for all kings of small part storage. The bottom is padded with sections but I think Im going to get the pull and pluck like yours. Looks sharp.

James.

I'm having a hard time finding the prop protectors for the Phantom 2 Vision's 9" blades. Can I ask where you got yours?

Ebay. Fit perfect. Came with hardware etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-DJI-PHANTOM ... 7020538%26

Griggs said:
I'm thinking about going with the Duratool 14355, http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-14355 as a couple of people have recommended. I was wondering if will also fit a FPV kit, goggles, antenna etc.. Otherwise I'd go with the larger Duratool 17815 http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/D ... -/22-17815

If you haven't seen this thread, it is worthwhile to take a look:
viewtopic.php?t=4790#p34594

Also, the case I went with:
http://youtu.be/CbUPIaAr890
http://youtu.be/GTcba7eT1y4

Thanks for the link. I'll definitely consider that pelican, although the price of the Duratool is hard to beat

Griggs said:
Thanks for the link. I'll definitely consider that pelican, although the price of the Duratool is hard to beat

Agree, price is hard to beat. Just wanted all the options to be "known" for consideration. I don't recall the Duratool dimensions if airline travel (carry-on) is a consideration for you. Good luck either way.

Just got my Tradecraft case. Really like it. Made very well and tough. I would say it's not quite Pelican tough but very close.

I ordered the Go Professional for Phantom 1. You can put a Phantom 2 in it but you have to take off the props. It is closer to airline acceptance (not quite but it slips through most of the time).

For normal use, I just put it all in a plastic bin that will hold everything with no problem. I use that for day-to-day. It is easy to transport in the car/pickup and you don't' have a puzzle to solve when pulling it out and flying it. Here is a link (this is for a 4 pack - they cost about 15 bucks in singles). http://www.walmart.com/ip/Homz-27-Gallo ... 4/21119248

The big bin will hold an assembled Phantom 1 or 2 even with prop guards but you have to cut slots in the side if you use guards.

ladykate said:
I ordered the Go Professional for Phantom 1. You can put a Phantom 2 in it but you have to take off the props. It is closer to airline acceptance (not quite but it slips through most of the time).

For normal use, I just put it all in a plastic bin that will hold everything with no problem. I use that for day-to-day. It is easy to transport in the car/pickup and you don't' have a puzzle to solve when pulling it out and flying it. Here is a link (this is for a 4 pack - they cost about 15 bucks in singles). http://www.walmart.com/ip/Homz-27-Gallo ... 4/21119248

The big bin will hold an assembled Phantom 1 or 2 even with prop guards but you have to cut slots in the side if you use guards.

For all the people talking about airline sizing, I thought you werent even allowed to bring Lipos on planes. I saw a dangerous goods warning with Lipo batteries on it at the airport.

Anyone clarify?

whitewatersalvo said:
ladykate said:

For all the people talking about airline sizing, I thought you werent even allowed to bring Lipos on planes. I saw a dangerous goods warning with Lipo batteries on it at the airport.

Anyone clarify?

I can clarify. I just took my phantom Vision from Texas to New York as a carry on. At the security checkpoint, I had to open the case and they checked for explosive chemicals. They didn't say anything about batteries or even question me about the components. I didn't even take a single item out of my case. I only opened the top. I have the ToughCase XRV and it fit perfectly in the overhead bin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.