Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Cases for Headplay goggles

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Banderboy, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Banderboy

I know you guys who have them aren't just carrying them around by their strap. What do you have for cases?

2. DroneTone

I've posted a few times asking for ideas for alternative Headplay cases, but none responded. My goggles came with a plastic/paper blend "bag" cover with two drawstrings. Still looking for something more protective, yet portable enough to carry along with my hardshell backpack.

3. Doink

How about something like a b&w type 2000 case, I don't know the headplays dimensions so you'll need to check their range

4. NRJ

NRJ

I don't like the bag, but I do use it. I just tie up the strings and carry it along with my backpack. Headplay must have received a good deal for that ridiculous bag. I put a cover over the face area to protect the RHO lens I installed inside. In other words... I just make do. I wish they would make a nice light case, but I'm afraid it would be as big as the box it comes packed in.

5. DroneTone

Ideally I was thinking like some sort of thin soft foam case with a strap and ring to attach it to the backpack using a carabiner. That way I wouldn't have to hand carry it while going over rougher terrain.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

6. NRJ

NRJ

That would be ideal. If you do a lot of hiking through the brush or trails, your idea would be ideal. Because the strings are so long on the bag, you could if your backpack has hooks or a place to attach to, those strings could hook onto something and just sort of follow behind. Let me know if you devise anything. I wish you luck.

7. sonof40

OT:
    Headplay should be constructed with an accordion type housing so that it can be collapsed for storage, shipping and portability.

8. Banderboy

For the time being I'm going to use the soft bag that came with my motorcycle helmet. It open up a lot wider than the Headplay bag.

9. RafaelS

If you guys put those thing in a case then it'll be bigger than the phantom backpack itself hahahaha :p