CasePro Carry-on Hard Case w/ Wheels

Reaction score
These forums have been a fantastic resource for me with my Phantom 2 and after a great customer service experience with trying to find the best hard case for my copter, I figured it was time to post on here.

I live in Miami, which is home to the worst customer service in the history of the world, so I was incredibly pleased with the experience I had dealing with the guys at Cases by Source. After some time spent researching I decided their's was the case I wanted but they apparently didn't have one yet for the phantom 2 (their case fit the phantom 2 but not the batteries). The thing that most drew me to the case was the lid having custom cut foam rather than the typical egg crate. I contacted them directly to inquire about a timeline on a finished case for the Phantom 2 and received a quick response with details on what they were working on. I finally received my case and they've been in constant contact with me to ensure I'm happy with it and have been very inquisitive on whether there is anything they could change. It has overall been a top notch customer service experience.

Anyway, on to the case.

edit* Forgot to add a link to the case
http://www.casesbysource.com/product/casepro-dji-phantom-2-quadcopter-carry-on-hard-case-cp-phan2-co

I'm very pleased with the compact size and weight of the case, it does fit carry-on regulations. Also has built in wheels and handle for easier travel (especially through an airport).

It should be noted that if you have the extended landing gear from upgrading your gimbal, the phantom will still fit with the blades removed. It holds everything I need except for my fpv monitor. I discussed with them the possibility of expanding one of the slots to fit the monitor and while I haven't done it yet, I think this would be a quick fix to that problem.

In the photos below, the following is inside the case with 2 compartments to spare:
DJI Controller
Copter w/ H3-3D gimbal + gopro attached, and Immersion TRx mounted to the underside
4x blades
4x additional AA batteries
2x Phantom 2 batteries
3x FPVLR Antennae Set
Batter Charger
Monitor Charger
Monitor Mount for Controller

7W2C3838.jpg

7W2C3840.jpg

7W2C3842.jpg

7W2C3843.jpg

7W2C3846.jpg

In your opinion, how does this compare to a pelican case? I have the Pelican 1610 for my P2, but have just ordered another quad and need another case. The pelican is definitely a quality case, with wheels and all, but it is very heavy, and a lot more expensive. I have always used Pelican in the past for firearms and other photo equipment, but have started looking at other options. I'd appreciate your input. If this case is as bullet proof as a Pelican, well, I may be switching over.

JayRob said:
In your opinion, how does this compare to a pelican case? I have the Pelican 1610 for my P2, but have just ordered another quad and need another case. The pelican is definitely a quality case, with wheels and all, but it is very heavy, and a lot more expensive. I have always used Pelican in the past for firearms and other photo equipment, but have started looking at other options. I'd appreciate your input. If this case is as bullet proof as a Pelican, well, I may be switching over.

While I don't have them side by side to compare, the case pro feels pretty **** solid. It doesn't feel like a cheap case, the latches feel solid. I think it can handle being thrown around and abused like a pelican case can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav