CASE THAT WILL FIT RANGE MAXX EXTERNER W/REMOTE AS WELL

I just ordered my MaxxRange antenna from Jake and plan to take a blade to my Case Club compact so it fits with the bracket when it arrives. There is no way it will fit that case when mounted to the controller, but I think it will with the bracket on the antenna. I can follow up here if anyone is interested.

I just ordered my MaxxRange antenna from Jake and plan to take a blade to my Case Club compact so it fits with the bracket when it arrives. There is no way it will fit that case when mounted to the controller, but I think it will with the bracket on the antenna. I can follow up here if anyone is interested.

Please do!

That's what I did! I used a wood toothed sawzall blade to cut it!
56ecab471c5b3461c7d3e948122d6eef_thumb.jpg

This allows the antenna and the metal mount to stay attached!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The blade rest on top of the bracket. I can also still out the charger in that spot

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ya I have that itelite mod. Thanks for your advice. Just wish I could get a hard shell like that.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
OK, you have the DBS2 version, not the MaxxRange version. The DBS2 will work fine in the ProCraft or TT Helipak backpacks. As for the MaxxRange, I see no way to store that in a backpack with it installed on the RC, even if you removed the flight batteries to reconfigure the backpack. However, you might be able to figure out something if you detached the MaxxRange antenna using the quick-disconnect clips, but leave the cables attached. With longer cables this may alleviate the hassle of screwing and unscrewing the cables to the RC each time you fly. I'd never want to screw those cables on and off all the time, as many times as I fly. It's just too much hassle, slows me down. I don't have the MaxxRange to play with, so maybe someone else who has a ProCraft backpack with Maxx Range antenna can work on that. I personally don't think it's doable, given the size of the MaxxRange Itelite antenna. It's pretty darn big.

This is what I ended up with, lol

0ebc6cf7f7ac4413bffa933ae97e8d93_thumb.jpg

OK, you have the DBS2 version, not the MaxxRange version. The DBS2 will work fine in the ProCraft or TT Helipak backpacks. As for the MaxxRange, I see no way to store that in a backpack with it installed on the RC, even if you removed the flight batteries to reconfigure the backpack. However, you might be able to figure out something if you detached the MaxxRange antenna using the quick-disconnect clips, but leave the cables attached. With longer cables this may alleviate the hassle of screwing and unscrewing the cables to the RC each time you fly. I'd never want to screw those cables on and off all the time, as many times as I fly. It's just too much hassle, slows me down. I don't have the MaxxRange to play with, so maybe someone else who has a ProCraft backpack with Maxx Range antenna can work on that. I personally don't think it's doable, given the size of the MaxxRange Itelite antenna. It's pretty darn big.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hey guys,

I recently went to best buy and bought a lowe pro carrying case for my drone and remote. Love the case and everything was setup like i want it. My issue was that it didn't fit my custom remote that has the range maxx hooked up to it. I don't want a case that requires me to dismount the antenna on it every time i put it in the carrying case. So I am praying that someone has had the same problem as me before and can recommend a good carrying case for my phantom 4 drone along with my modded remote.

Thanks in advance!

This one might work for you, could be a little snug but you should be good to go lol

Attachments

• road2.JPG
    road2.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 337
Reactions: John Locke
cool man thanks for your detailed explanation.

I ordered the Procraft backpack today, and ordered a MaxxRange antenna yesterday from Jake, so hopefully I will have them both this week. I currently use a Case Club compact hard case, and it looks like it will be possible to cut the foam so the antenna can fit with the bracket on. But from the pictures, it looks like the Procraft has a very flexible interior design, so hopefully the controller will fit with the antenna on and all wires can stay connected. I will know soon. I will probably hold on to the hard case in case I feel like I ever need real protection for my P4.

I ordered the Procraft backpack today, and ordered a MaxxRange antenna yesterday from Jake, so hopefully I will have them both this week. I currently use a Case Club compact hard case, and it looks like it will be possible to cut the foam so the antenna can fit with the bracket on. But from the pictures, it looks like the Procraft has a very flexible interior design, so hopefully the controller will fit with the antenna on and all wires can stay connected. I will know soon. I will probably hold on to the hard case in case I feel like I ever need real protection for my P4.
I don't think the big maxx range antenna will fit still connected to the controller in the pro craft. It might but you would have to get real creative

After looking more closely at the pictures of the antenna, I canceled my order for the ProCraft. Ther is no way it would fit. But I can confirm that I was able to cut the foam in my Case Club Compact hard case and the antenna fits while it is still attached to the mounting bracket. I do have to snap it off the controller and unscrew the cables on one end, but it really takes no time at all. I did lose part of one battery compartment, so now I'm limited to a maximum of 5 batteries, which is fine because I have 3.

After looking more closely at the pictures of the antenna, I canceled my order for the ProCraft. Ther is no way it would fit. But I can confirm that I was able to cut the foam in my Case Club Compact hard case and the antenna fits while it is still attached to the mounting bracket. I do have to snap it off the controller and unscrew the cables on one end, but it really takes no time at all. I did lose part of one battery compartment, so now I'm limited to a maximum of 5 batteries, which is fine because I have 3.

Hi would you mind posting a picture. I have the same case and range kit and would love to see how you did it. Thanks.

I don't have the maxx "yet", but I'm already using one of my old tackle bags and it seems to do the trick. I can put my P4 and my RC with the iPad mini in place in it plus I have all the side pockets and lid storage for all the extras. There's still plenty of room for the maxx to be installed. Has a shoulder strap too. I just put a hand towel between the RC and the P4. Has worked beautifully so far. I know that wouldn't be ideal for air travel but if you are traveling, need to have a case like mentioned above anyways. But for me, this on the go get'r out and fly tackle bag that didn't cost me anything extra satisfies me! Good luck finding something and please post if you do. I would still be interested...

Has anyone done side by side testing of the DBS2.2 versus Maxx Range styles of Itelite antennas? I'm unclear how much that monster sized antenna helps, versus the 2.5mi range I get in most places, more over water or desert. The battery won't support much longer flight distances, unless you're doing a battery mod. Anyone know the range delta using these two models? I've gotta believe someone out there started with DBS2.2 and then went to the Maxx Range later, right? It there was a good reason to use max range, I would use DBS2.2 for 80% of my flights, because it fits into my backpack. Most of my flights are less than 2.5mi away. Then, keep the MaxxRange in a separate bag and bring it along if I think I'll be needing it. This would sure save a lot of time screwing the antenna cables on and off.

I actually have both, I just got the Maxx range awhile ago but have not had a chance to use it yet. I will try do a comparison when I get the chance.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20