Case Lid Foam Profiles

Reaction score
Purchased an MCM case (22-24160) for my P3A. It has the taller lid with 2 foam layers (2" ea), one dimpled, the other flat. 6" pre-cut foam in the base. Removing the foam to fit the landing gear and body along with accessories poses no real challenge. My question relates to the lid foam. Case accommodates props-on placement.

Do I need to:
1. cut lid foam out to prevent foam pressure on the prop tips and avoid possible warping
2. let the dimpled foam press on the motors and props while putting like pressure on the body or
3. go to a props-off placement, cut around prop shafts.

Searched and looked at many case configs here. I see all the above. I wish reports from some users of these options. Experiences, recommendations, ideas, problems. Thanks!

I think any prolonged pressure on the props is asking for trouble. Even if you create cut outs for the props, they may still get some stress if the case is not horizontal.

My Microraptor case allows for props on storage, but the lid foam pressed down on the props so I simply removed the lid foam and now have about 1.5 inches of clearance, means I don't have to worry about the props, and I don't have to fold fold the RC antennas all the way down either.. The foam in the lid was putting pressure on them too. I am never rough with the case so not having the lid foam isn't an issue for me

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj