Carrying tablet in with P3A

Reaction score
My drone is awaiting return for repair after a compass problem. I'm just thinking, I have a dji backpack. My drone sits in there next to my tablet which is in standby mode so as not to lose the cache scenery in the apps.

My question is, over a period of time could this upset the compass or imu being so close in my bag.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Graham

I don't think this will disturb your compass calibration. I carry always my iPad and so far I didn't see any issue because of storing iPad closer to phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't think this will disturb your compass calibration. I carry always my iPad and so far I didn't see any issue because of storing iPad closer to phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I agree. Any fields generated by a tablet would be miniscule and would have no effect on your systems while they are turned off. It would take something like a degaussing magnet to make permanent changes to any metal or circuitry in UAS.

The compass only be calibrated/changed when it's in that change mode. Otherwise it's locked.

I _suspect_ something like a huge magnet might be able to throw it off but I'd not worry about a tablet. The magnet on the tablet only reaches out an inch or so anyway. Hold an old school compass near the tablet and see how far away you can be when the needle stops moving.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31