Carrying my P2V+

Reaction score
I have traveled a couple times and just put it in my carryon and packed clothes around it, but I wanted something made for it and didn't want to spend $200+.

I had an old hardside carryon bag and I bought replacement foam for a Pelican IM2450 which is carryon size. It's the pick and pluck foam that you pull out to fit. Cost me $40 on ebay, A little more elsewhere. http://www.pelican-case.com/im2450-foam.html

I also wanted to be able to fit my modified controller with iPad mini mount and the precut cases would have required some modification. It was a tight fit but I was able to get the P2V+, remote, extra battery, charger, my rechargeable battery pack, misc cables. I do have to put the props at the top of the foam but I think they'll be fine. I may look for a small hard box that they just fit in that I can tuck in there.

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

That actually looks like a nice little case. Nice job.

Just be careful of the props. They may seem like an inconsequential piece of the system, something you can throw anywhere because of their size and material... but, in truth, they're critical. And if they get bent or warped, it's going to effect your flight. You have a hard-sided case, that you're carrying and not checking through, so your props seem pretty protected in that location... but, still, I'd treat the case with care when handling.

I'm going to see if a propeller will fit in something like a travel toothbrush holder. I'd like to find something that will fit all 4 of them like that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl