Carrying case

looks good... do you have foam on the sides to stop it from sliding left and right?

Yes. It comes full of foam in various thickness. I left the thin sheet in the bottom, cut a couple pieces to fit beside the box to keep it from sliding. There is room on the sides for extra stuff, but you will have to secure it so it doesn't hit the props in transit.

That is good. Probably smaller and lighter than the hard case. It's nice to have options other than the high dollar ones.

I purchased this case from MCM Electronics. Part # 22-24160. The P3 fits with the props attached and there is room for everything. The best part is the price. Under $65.00.

I posted pictures and more information on Google +

https://plus.google.com/photos/107476366075312960211/albums/6159865927475546577

If the link doesn't work look for Frank B on Google +
I bought this and it's not a great case. It doesn't fit with the props on even if you take all the foam out. You have to force it closed. It also reeks of chemicals. It made my room smell so I moved it to the car and it made that smell. I think I'm going to send it back. The foam is cheap too. Only the top layer is pick and pluck. Also because the phantom won't fit in the case there is no room for foam on top as the tip of the rotors and the top of the phantom body are the same height. It fits in the case with no props and foam on top.

I find it hard to believe it's the same case. All but 2 sheets of my foam were pick and pluck. One was a thin sheet for the bottom and the other was like acoustic foam. As you can see by the pictures my P3 fits with the props on. No smell either. If you bought it from MCM you will be able to return it for a refund. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I like mine.

I just bought this case from MCM. It did not fit great at all. To solve to fit problem. I just need a heat gun and some 5 - 10 lb round weights. I heated up the bottom first from inside no foam of course heat gun on high. Keep the heat gun moving as you heat it up the plastic. Wait till it's nice and hot. Place a wight or 2 in the center or spread them out. Let it cool. It went from not fitting the P3 to a great fit. I did the same process with the top. I bet I gained an inch or 2.
I'll try to add pictures when I do the next one. Can't beat the price.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers