Carrying case for Phantom Vision

Reaction score
First time posting and new to this forum. I'm looking for a good carrying case for my new Phantom Vision 2. I have searched the web and there are several cases for Version 1. With the bigger blades the 2 will not fit the 1 case, unless you remove the blades, which I don't want to do every time. Anybody have any leads? I need this case ASAP for a trip I'm planning overseas in 2 weeks. Thanks for any advise.

It's my understanding that the vision case is in pre order. I have the version 1 with vision props. I have to just remove the props everytime. It takes less than 30 seconds.

For me the critical issue is the height of the case....which becomes the most important issue as to whether the case can be a "carry-on" in an airline flight. The problem is the height of the stock legs, which JUST fit nicely in inexpensive non-specialty cases. BUT.....add a gimbal and camera and in 99% of the cases you have to EXTEND the legs and suddenly the bird....with gimbal/camera/legs DOESN"T fit...altho it still does in expensive specialty cases. The next size up in generic cases is just too big for carry-on...I bought one for $56 from Dura-tool. Great case, but that extra inch or two in height is the critical issue.

Make sure you know EXACTLY what the height of your bird is....or will be....and EXACTLY what the INTERNAL height of the case you are looking at. Decide whether an airline friendly case size is important to you.

For me, I would welcome a smaller case if the trade-off was removing self-tightening props. Those go on and off in a split second....and nothing to worry about suddenly UN-propping in mid-flight. But my bird is an old style.

Thanks for the replays, you have all helped. I haven't opened the box yet, this is a gift for my son. He will open it next week and I'm very excited, as I'm sure he will be too. I didn't know how easy the props are to take off. I knew they were easier than the Phantom 1, but now I know the Phantom 1 case is a option. I've been in email exchange with Tradecraft and they have been quick to reply. I plan on buying the Toughcase xrv for the Phantom 2 Vision if it will fit in the overhead bin on airplanes. I'm waiting for a reply from them on this issue. We travel a lot and fitting it in the overhead bin is crucial, thanks Peter for bringing this to my attention.

So my thinking is that IF the Toughcase won't fit in the overhead bin then I will go with a smaller case for the Vision 1 and take the blades off each time. I was worried about the wear and tear on taking the blades off and on multiple times, but it sounds like it is well built and this is not a concern as long as we are extra careful.

Thanks for all your input, and if anybody else wants to chime in it would be appreciated. I have a few more days before I must make my decision. We leave for Tonga mid-month and I really want to take the bird with us.

I may be wrong but I believe the motors are exactly the same as my phantom (1.1.1). They are actually sort of a joke to put on. I can flick them with my finger and they will come off. You'll just want to hold the motor otherwise when you spin the off, the motor spins. It was a shock at first because I was thinking "but how do they stay on" but considering that as the motor spins, they tighten, it makes sense. Truthfully, even if they did fit in my case, I would probably take them off. I had some items pop out of their "spots" when I shipped it and noticed that even though I had brand new props (old style props) on the phantom, one was dinged up. Whatever was rolling around inside the case was knocking on the prop.

Got mine from Go professional in Texas, had it delivered to my hotel as I was going to Florida for my family holiday, it would have cost £70 to shop to UK, so I brought it back as flight luggage. It was free postage in the State's, they do make them to your size's.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj