Carry on bag for my drone on airplane

Reaction score
0c983e19591c5169dec47d0540b3f92a.jpg

I'll be traveling with my new drone in about a month, will this bag be a good size to travel with?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: YoYo
perfect size

Reactions: YoYo
Bring a copy of the the FAA lithium battery guideline/rules with you. You may find the security guy/gal is an idiot and doesnt know the rules. our batteries are <100 watt hours so as long as the terminals are protected against shorts (e.g. a piece of electrical tape over them) - you should be good to go

Make sure you can bring batteries on the plane.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just traveled from Toronto to Palm Spings and back with the DJI hard shell backpack. I was never asked about the drone. Didn't even open the case. Have 4 batteries. It fits great in the overhead.

Still had to take off my shoes though !! ✈️

Reactions: DAVEJF
Someone's electric cigarette cought fire so they were going to ban batteries starting in aprill
Hope not I'm going to Arizona couple of weeks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The phantom batteries are very safe to travel with. They'll ban the cigarettes just like they banned the hover boards, there batteries like to explode. I wouldn't be concerned about DJI p3 batteries.

Just MHO

I am going to order this for $29 from them. I am in TX and just returned my $149 DJI case as they are almost the same. Where do they ship from? And did you have a good experience with Gearbest?

I am going to order this for $29 from them. I am in TX and just returned my $149 DJI case as they are almost the same. Where do they ship from? And did you have a good experience with Gearbest?

please do some research on them before buying. I certainly did not have a great experience. I ordered that same bag when I bought my first P3. I was prepared to wait a few weeks for it according to other's experience. two months came and went but I wasn't told that they actually had the item out of stock until I sent them an inquiry. in short, they held on to my money and didn't even have it in stock. and it seems my experience was mild compared to others that never got their money back for purchases.

Has anyone taken the manfrotto d1 as cabin baggage?... I'm flying to Majorca in a few weeks time and want make sure it's ok as overhead luggage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost