Careful posting your videos on Youtube

First, that story is 4-5 mos. old. There have been some policy changes since then but the issue was one of commercial use not hobby flying.

I won't preach to you my feelings but if you fly in violation of the FAA guidelines especially in a grandios or unsafe and irrevrant manner you should use your own discression in these matters.

Reactions: jason
As mentioned, the FAA was using a generic letter that mentioned reckless and commercial flying. Anytime they saw what might be any type of infraction, they sent out that letter. They have since realized that the poster was not making any money and agreed to review their procedure.

Personally, I'd not worry about the FAA coming after anyone right now for making a buck or two on the use of a drone.

If in fact this is true, I hope he wipes his *** with the letter, has a friend video tape it, and upload it to the FAA website as it would violate the you tube decency guidelines.

There is a post around here somewhere that a member made showing the newest policy guidelines for the FAA in reference to Social Media videos. It basically states that the FAA cannot request any such videos be removed. However, it did say that should an incident occur in the future, such videos could be used as evidence. Videos alone could not be used as the only evidence though.

Reactions: N017RW
They don't have staffing for this. I wouldn't worry about it.

That doesn't mean the government won't get you. If there's money to suck from its citizens, the federal government will find a way.

Fot Holt:
tin-foil-conspiracy-theories.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues