Care Refresh experience

Reaction score
Thought I would share my first customer service experience with DJI, stemming from a Care Refresh claim.

2/12 I crashed my P4P

2/13 Filled out RMA online, says to box it up and wait for UPS to pick up

2/21 UPS hasn't showed up (to an office that's always staffed, no way we missed them), so I bring the box to nearest shipping hub. They say they can't print a shipping form based on the printed email / tracking # in DJI email. Frustrated and wanting to move the process fwd, I shell out $60 and ship it myself. I printed a copy of my Care Refresh agreement and included it in the box so they wouldn't have any trouble associating.

2/28 UPS tracking says my aircraft was delivered to "dock"

3/7 DJI emails to say they've received it (7 days after delivery)

3/8 DJI emails a quote for repairs (the whole gimbal was hanging loose, cracked body, etc. I already told them I wanted to use Care Refresh plan to get a new one)

3/8 I use online chat service to explain that I would like to pay the deductible for a new unit. They say they can't find that I ever purchased Care Refresh. I told them I shipped the drone with a printed copy, and give them my agreement number in the chat window again. Rep says they'll take care of it.

3/9 Email from DJI says they need the agreement number again. I email the whole agreement in pdf (3rd time I've provided it at this point).

3/16 Email from DJI "DJI kindly remind you that you still have a repair invoice for your Phantom 4 Pro with an amount of 252.00." (frustration level is steadily rising)

3/17 Email from DJI "The item you sent to DJI for repair has been received and your case number is... "

3/17 2nd email from DJI "Your Phantom 4 Pro has been evaluated by our repair team. Your case No. is: CAS-515239-C2T4B9" At this point I still see the REPAIR cost, not the deductible cost when I sign in to repair progress portal, so I have to call and again ask them to update it so I can PAY!!!

3/20 Repair portal is finally updated, so I send $99 deductible via paypal

3/22 Email from DJI "Your Phantom 4 Pro regarding case No. CAS-515239-C2T4B9 has been repaired. Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI GO App to view the repair progress. Your unit will be shipped out to the following address within three business days."

3/27 Email from DJI "Your Phantom 4 Pro has been tested and will be shipped within two business days"

3/29 Email from DJI "Your product for repair regarding case No. CAS-515239-C2T4B9 has been shipped via UPS and your tracking number is..."

4/5 UPS delivers what appears to be a brand new P4P. Elapsed time from RMA = 51 days.

4/6 I register new S/N with FAA, print and apply the registration stickers while I'm at office. Take it home that afternoon to setup, update, etc., quickly discover there is a problem with IMU calibration. ACC1-fault, can't calibrate, can't fly. Go to cust service chat, they immediately say I'll need to send it back. Can't fix it myself.

4/13 I call customer service to initiate what I expect to be a warranted repair, wait the standard half hour for someone to pick up, halfway through explaining what is going on and the line goes dead. Good customer service providers (like Apple), will take your phone number first thing so they can call you back after a disconnect. Of course that move has not made it to DJI's playbook yet.

This last, simple irritation prompted me to post my account here instead of calling back. I'll have to do that later, I suppose.

I've read plenty of customer service complaints, so I know mine is not a unique case. I also understand how a large, complex company like DJI can make some of the errors I experienced. What is most frustrating, however, is the apparent lack of opportunity to plead my highly problematic case to someone in a mgmt role that can say, "oh wow, we've really dropped the ball on this case, let's see what we can do to turn this trainwreck around. Push this guy to the front of the line and make sure we ship him a new one overnight"

If Chic-fil-a forgets extra pickles on a chicken sandwich, they practically offer to wash your car in order to "make things right". In my experience, that mentality is completely lacking at DJI.

Disappointed,

AC

Reactions: Ekki

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.