Carbon propellers

You can buy DJI make carbon reinforced props. They look cool.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: octaver
I've been wondering the same thing. Before I bought my P3A I read a lot and tried to research as much as I could. I read where one person said he could lift off faster the carbon props !! IDK if they are worth the extra $$ just for a quicker get away.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are carbon propellers worth buying for the P3 Pro? Other than the supposed strength is there any other reason? Thank you!
If you do go with any go with the DJI's. I picked some off of Ebay and just about crashed my P2 vision plus. very uncontrollable. Or look at wooden ones there is a few threads talking about both CF and wooden Props.

If you browse around the forums you'll see several threads on the topic, that unfortunately won't really answer the question either way. :p Some say they reduce vibration and noise or increase flight time, others say the opposite. The one thing I do know is that it's an even worse idea to get sliced by them than a regular prop, so be super careful around people (including yourself).

They don't change anything other than looks. Even DJI confirms this. However, if you nick one it's more likely to shatter than just become a small nick on the prop.

they may slice the bugs a little better.:confused::cool: bees too.
test 133.jpg

If you browse around the forums you'll see several threads on the topic, that unfortunately won't really answer the question either way. :p Some say they reduce vibration and noise or increase flight time, others say the opposite. The one thing I do know is that it's an even worse idea to get sliced by them than a regular prop, so be super careful around people (including yourself).
As they all ways say "your mileage may vary".

Actually using a Good Carbon Fiber Props is better than plastic in terms of rigidity. Using CB for the maneuvering and using the drone in a Windy Situation CB works better. But Functionality they are the same.
Manufacturing of Plastic Props are a lot Cheaper than CF and they works the same, the reason why the stock remain plastic.

I've been flying RC Helis for many years and there is a wide variety of blade types. Because of their longer length than drones the difference with CF is very clear. They are a lot more rigid and therefore far more responsive as they don't flex as much. That difference isn't such a great factor with drones but it will make a difference. And yes, they do look cool!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Digdat0
Suggest being a cheapskate - spray paint the plastic matte black. Reduces prop glare when flying into the sun. :)

NoCo Drones

Reactions: jlrsn
I've been using a set of DJI CF props for a year now with no problems. No fuselage cracks have formed and the threads in the props look fine. Unscientifically, I feel they perform the same, their sound may be a little lower in pitch, but still just as noisy, they are stiffer and they weigh about the same - actually a bit more than the OE props and their balance initial is equal to the OE props.
They look great in black with those little pinstripes near the end.
On another note, I like the concept of the Mavic hinged props, both for storage without removal and that they should be less damaging to people, property and motors upon impact. I hope, though I doubt DJI will offer them for the P3 and I'm chicken to buy unauthorized aftermarket props.

Suggest being a cheapskate - spray paint the plastic matte black. Reduces prop glare when flying into the sun. :)

NoCo Drones
I'm not sure about the glare, but I did paint a set of white props black before buying the DJI CF props. The results looked good and did not change their balance. I was not capable however of painting the silver caps or pinstriping that the DJI CF props have. Short of that, painting or dying is very acceptable. (IMO)

Actually using a Good Carbon Fiber Props is better than plastic in terms of rigidity.
Using CB for the maneuvering and using the drone in a Windy Situation CB works better. But Functionality they are the same.
Manufacturing of Plastic Props are a lot Cheaper than CF and they works the same, the reason why the stock remain plastic.

I've never seen any supports to show that CF work better in wind. Can you provide any information to support this?

You say that CF works better in wind but also state that they work the same?

Any difference in such a slight flex would not be noticed at all.

I know one thing for certain... I've only had 2 bad crashes, and Carbon Fiber props were installed each time. I'm unwilling to test the coincidence theory any further.;)

Reactions: Dounin Front
Not totally on topic, but an interesting video showing flight characteristics with a broken prop. (Don't try this at home - it must be awfully hard on the motor bearings and airframe.) Of course, we all know the results if you lose a prop altogether. :(
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(Skip to 2:50 to see the broken prop test.)

Reactions: Egb and Digdat0
they may slice the bugs a little better.:confused::cool: bees too.
View attachment 67763
hahaha that pic made me laugh! it looks photoshopped, but im sure its not! :)

They don't change anything other than looks. Even DJI confirms this. However, if you nick one it's more likely to shatter than just become a small nick on the prop.
there are alot of long range guys flying with non-DJI props, many have reported a few additional minutes of flight time as a result of just the props.

For OP, i played with Xoar wooden props for a while. I loved them until i tipped over on a takeoff due to bad wind and they shattered. Here's more detail:
Xoar Beechwood Propellers Review / Details (Pics, Video's, Logs, Weight)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.