Carbon fibre props

Reaction score
Who has installed these and aside from looking awesome, are there any other benefits?

Thanks!

From what I understand they work great but there are some down sides to them. The stock props will break and not hurt the motors where as the carbon fiber will not break. Putting your motors or arms in harms way. The risk to me is not worth the advantage of the carbon blades. Your choice.

Who has installed these and aside from looking awesome, are there any other benefits?

Thanks!
They are great, but no real difference in flight performance. As you say though, they look fantastic. I wouldn't worry about crashing, as clearly, you won't crash it.

These were discussed in another thread recently and apparently the carbon props shatter on relatively light impact including with leafs/foliage of a tree as they're more brittle than the plastic so I would do a little more research to be certain either way. I'm not sure if either were tested scientifically. I would love to see the tests if someone did ;-)

I use a set of DJI carbon props and rightly or wrong I have more confidence in them over plastic in normal flight and I stay away from trees as matter of course so not putting their brittleness to the test.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub