Carbon Fiber props?

Reaction score
Hi all, I have the stock plastic props for my p3s. Thinking of upgrading to the DJI carbon fiber props for $15. Is there any performance difference or any notable attributes?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The biggest difference is the look. Most people don't notice a difference in performance.

I have damaged the standard dji props very easy and the cf are more durable I think

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The CF prop provide more lift, but it's also heavier. If you hit something, the end will shred. Standard prop will take a little beating. Beware, most of the CF prop are poor balance.

I bought 3rd party cf props and the bird continuously sinks.
Some third party props cause erratic flying, so you made out pretty well. Stick with DJI props and you won't be disappointed. They work so well that there really is not reason to go in search of something else.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I have the DJI CF props and I like them because they are stiffer than the white plastic props. The white props have more flex which could result in less lift - just a theory. I have not had any issues with stability or smooth hovering with the DJI CF props. I use them on my P3 standard and P3P with great results. Have not seen any balance issues.

Reactions: Squirrel!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub