Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Carbon fiber props

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Tanariel, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Tanariel

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

They are not DJI props, so I wouldn't recommend you use them. Third party props (any kind) usually don't perform as well as DJI props. And, if you crash with them on, DJI will probably not honor their warranty.

DJI does make carbon fiber reinforced props. You probably won't notice a difference -- other than they might look cool :) If interested, you can find a complete list of compatible props here.

3. D4T_PoM

Even DJI Carbon Fibre reinforced props I would not recommend as theres no difference apart from costing more.

I would say stick to normal white ones.

4. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Save your $$.
    The ad is misleading. The more thrust and efficiency line has been borrowed from DJI when they changed the pitch on P2 props from 9430 to 9450. These would give no additional thrust or efficiency.
    There would definitely be no speed increase because that is not something you can change.
    There is no indication these have composite hubs (needed for P3 props)
    And at $79 they are a complete ripoff.

bobmyers likes this.
  5. kj4442

Save your money I ordered the Carbon props fro DJI and did not see any difference. Shortly after I had a motor failure it was under warranty but still took DJI 7 weeks to replace my Phantom with a new one.

6. Tanariel

Thanks all for your answers :)

7. JPB

JPB

I had crashes and a major drift problem when she was far with generic CF props. She returned home in a spiral. I got scared and put thoses props in the garbage

8. FunN4lo

I bought the DJI CF props. They seem somewhat quieter. No performance changes. I like the look of the black better, so I am happy