Carbon fiber props

Reaction score
Hey
Skip here, has any one used the carbon fiber props on the pv2?
I ordered a set from amazon but one hub was threaded clock wise in stead of counter.
Wondering how they work in comparison to the DJI props. Are they worth keeping if I can have china send the correct hub.

Some people don't like carbon fiber, some do. I think they perform just fine, and are slightly lighter than plastic. Just like plastic props, you won't get optimal performance out of them unless they're balanced (and you generally cannot rely on a seller's statement that the props have been "pre-balanced"). For the guys buying the DJI 9443 style props, it's generally better just to go with the genuine plastic ones - these ARE pre-balanced from the factory and can save some time/effort on that front.

Thanks for the replies,I will stick with the originals. Better than taking a chance of a crash or lost in the water where i fly at times.

Anybody try Tiger Motor props? They look like high quality, the cost sure exudes quality. I would really prefer cf props but i don't trust them yet. Cheap ones caused a flip on a p2v and now I'm chicken to try nicer ones with built-in nut, pseudo dji that I bought 4 pairs. We need a balancer shaft for dubro balancer in the USA. Nothing but dji until I check balance.

El Guano is the prop guru I believe... I think he has tried every prop available at one time... and I have been trying to find the thread where he detailed all his tests, and find that set of CF props for my new anti gravity motors... I have a nice set of CF aftermarket props that are wonderful... but I forgot where I got them on ebay and I am afraid to just buy any old set.

My experiences with the plastic- even the pre-balanced (and they are ever so slightly off from my checks- but not enough for most to worry about) are not as smooth as this set of balanced cheap CF props... **** I wish I knew where I got them. I am too lazy to root through my paypal invoices and do a line by line, but I am going to have to.

Link up the thread El G... please?

You might be thinking of someone else. There are people out there with a menagerie of totally different props (slow-fly, eprops, gemfans, triblades, balsa wood, glass fiber, carbon fiber, you name it).

I've got 16 pairs of various Phantom-style props (8" 8045 DJI, 8 inch carbon fiber knockoffs, 9" 9443 dji self-tightening, 9" dji non-self tightening, 9" carbon fiber knockoffs, etc.). Never tried the Tiger motors ones; they look nice buy super-expensive, and I wouldn't want to crash them.

IMO the 9443 props are the best bang for the buck you can get. 20% flight time increase over stock Phantom props. The genuine DJI ones have the benefits of being 1) fairly inexpensive ($30 for a set) and 2) pre-balanced at the factory. I have those on my new multi. My Phantom 1 lives on carbon fiber knockoff 9443s. Any knockoff props you buy will need balancing, the clones are not as good on manufacturing as DJI is. I don't mind doing the work of balancing, but a lot of people don't want to bother with it, and that's what makes the genuine ones so advantageous. I haven't noticed any actual difference between a well-balanced set of carbon fiber 9443s and the genuine DJI ones. The carbon fiber ones are lighter by about 2g per prop.

Ok... maybe it was marcus? I swear... I am a product of the 70's, and suddenly in the last 2 years, I am feeling the effects of all that LSD and other psychotropic experimentation.

Regardless, I have no issues and in fact never fly without balancing the props now- I didn't invest in that dubro to look at it :ugeek: I spend probably too much time tweaking those things.

I also wonder if I am the only one of you guys that thinks they feel the vibration of a badly balanced prop in the radio... c'mon fellas... you all do that too... right? :| ....right?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik