Carbon Fiber Props vs. Stock Props - Phantom 2

Reaction score
After chipping a few stock blades, I'm looking for a good replacement set. Does anyone have any experience with the carbon fiber blades for sale versus the original blades? Some come with separate nuts and some look like the stock blades with the nuts pre-attached.

Is the performance of any great difference enough to justify the cost? Are they tougher and more chip resistant if the blades touch anything?

Can anyone suggest a good vendor for these, versus a bad one?

Thanks,

JIM

Re: Carbon Fiber Probs vs. Stock Props - Phantom 2

I put the carbon fiber on my P2 and it flew like garbage very unstable, stock props are the best I have flown with, btw these were the CF blades shaped like the stock props.

send me your broken props. I need them. PM me.

You'll find a lot of strong opinions on cf props. Most of the time people who absolutely hate them haven't properly balanced them. That's significant in comparison to the stock props because DJI does a very good job balancing their genuine plastic props.

I like the cf props because they are lighter than stock, and when balanced they perform absolutely beautifully. Ymmv.

I've tried many props of many different types. All balanced properly.
None work as well as the stock P2 props.

Here's a strong opinion: All the CF props out there for the P2 are junk and dangerous. Once a reputable supplier steps up and makes a well-design and tested CF prop for the P2, maybe that will change. Meanwhile, the stock P2 props are very good. And I don't think CF props will help with chipping. Good flying will help with chipping.

Ksc said:
send me your broken props. I need them. PM me.

I got about 6 of them. What're you doing with them? Building a memorial?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20