Carbon fiber props for P4???

I saw some in Amazon, but, in order to use them you need to change the quick lock mechanism for the regular turn around used on the older drones..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dronedevil4516
The question is why ? What is wrong with the p4 props?

I have the CF props for the p3p and they work great I feel you get a jello effect with the stock props on the P4 and they feel very flimsy

I have the CF props for the p3p and they work great I feel you get a jello effect with the stock props on the P4 and they feel very flimsy

It's been tested and tested on prior models and CF props don't perform any better then stock props. Also, CF is _much_ more prone to chip and crack with the slightest impact. But as I see it, some people just like the looks (because CF means it's "better").

It's been tested and tested on prior models and CF props don't perform any better then stock props. Also, CF is _much_ more prone to chip and crack with the slightest impact. But as I see it, some people just like the looks (because CF means it's "better").
Have you tried the CF PROPS?

I had it on my p3p as well and liked it better than the stock props. P4 props are even more flimsy.

Ki have some new carbon fiber props for sale in my eBay store you just have to swap out the quick clips on the motors.

I'd be interested to see if anyone offers props with a more aggressive pitch on the blades and how they affect motor load and flight performance

I'd be interested to see if anyone offers props with a more aggressive pitch on the blades and how they affect motor load and flight performance

This is well understood by engineers and designers. The DJI propulsion systems are a tuned and optimized for performance.

Last edited:
IMO. I believe that the carbon props would give you faster acceleration but that's all. The motor's amps are limited by the ecm, the plastic props will have to turn faster than the carbon due to more flex but the load will be the same thus the volume of air will be the same and that's your max speed. Also the plastic props will flex more to absorb more vibration and transmit load over a longer period of time, this flex should reduce g-force shock loads and help increase your birds life. For this shock absorbing nature of stock props I will only use the plastics.

$119... I don't think so. Drone World has notoriously high mark ups.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would rather use that money towards another battery. Seriously, the gains if any would be so minimal I doubt you would notice or even need them.

Reactions: Suhail78
And as I'm sure you can tell by my profile I'm new to the World of drones so I'm still learning and figuring things out myself and doing research

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4