Carbon-Fiber Props for P3P

Reaction score
Just received my order for these Carbon Fiber jobs from an eBay seller.
Item # 251940172735

First 2 things that I notice:
#1 - Props are REALLY STIFF! Not bendy like the OEM props (good or bad?).
#2 - They have an aluminum threaded hub. Thought this might really be a big + since plastic threads can get stripped out if you simply use them too much (taking your props off and on).

Additionally, they feel somewhat heavier; haven't weighed them yet, but will.

Anyone have any experience with these? Good or bad?

BTW, the avatar that I just posted was a pic that I took this winter down on Sanibel Island. These 3 cheerleaders were "practicing" right in front of us!! WooHoo!

It's not a good idea to use non-OEM props. They might unwind and fly off mid-flight due to the active braking feature :(

All of these props are okay to use:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/#PropsP3

#2 - They have an aluminum threaded hub. Thought this might really be a big + since plastic threads can get stripped out if you simply use them too much (taking your props off and on).

Those are not P3 props. There was a hub material change to the composite (plastic) for greater friction to keep them from loosening due to the P3 having active braking.

Use with caution.

It's not a good idea to use non-OEM props. They might unwind and fly off mid-flight due the to active braking feature :(

All of these props are okay to use:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/#PropsP3

I thought that same thing, so I'm going to do some "careful/low-level" flight tests to see if they loosen. I will check torque settings before & after. The only way I could envision them loosening is because of the aluminum hubs. The plastic hub "may" act somewhat as a locktite-of-sorts, inhibiting the loosening; we'll see.

People fail to realize that unlike most aircraft in the past, these quads use closed-loop control systems which have been tuned for the most efficient operation.
This includes hardware.

Not sure where the whole mindset that CF is better for everything came about. OK it's lighter and stronger than many other materials but that is not always a plus.

I have P2 CF deja vu. But this time, with braking ESCs, the odds of catastrophe are much higher.

After market carbon fiber props may look cool. But... They don't work. You can evaluate at your own risk. The P3 is a finely tuned propulsion system. Only use DJI props.

Reactions: Kleenax
I have P2 CF deja vu. But this time, with braking ESCs, the odds of catastrophe are much higher.

After market carbon fiber props may look cool. But... They don't work. You can evaluate at your own risk. The P3 is a finely tuned propulsion system. Only use DJI props.

I have been fore-warned; thanks. Appreciate the input; I think I will just send them back!

One reason that I was looking for a stronger hub material was because of the potential thread-galling plastic threads, but I see the point with the active-braking feature.

Just google image search "carbon fiber prop injury". Should be reason enough.

Reactions: Flyboy
I have been fore-warned; thanks. Appreciate the input; I think I will just send them back!

One reason that I was looking for a stronger hub material was because of the potential thread-galling plastic threads, but I see the point with the active-braking feature.
You want the plastic threads! They are composite and are designed to stay tight under active braking.

As mentioned CF is just marketing. Also, the ones you have are not for the P3. What "low level" flying won't result in damage.

Just received my order for these Carbon Fiber jobs from an eBay seller.
Item # 251940172735

First 2 things that I notice:
#1 - Props are REALLY STIFF! Not bendy like the OEM props (good or bad?).

Additionally, they feel somewhat heavier; haven't weighed them yet, but will.

Anyone have any experience with these? Good or bad?

BTW, the avatar that I just posted was a pic that I took this winter down on Sanibel Island. These 3 cheerleaders were "practicing" right in front of us!! WooHoo!
Love Sanibel! I go down there every few months and chase strumpets through the village...and fly my quad...

I bought on ebay too..and if it wasn't for my piloting skills...I would of crashed my p3. It was all over the place...banking left, banking right... , vibrating like hell,,, could not hold steady, it was almost disaster! STAY AWAY from carbon fiber crap on EBAY!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl