Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Carbon Fiber Props for P2V

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Scottrod, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Scottrod

What do you guys think? They are from China and might be junk. They are supposedly self tightening but I would be worried one will break while flying and wreck my $1,200 machine...

http://bit.ly/1cWfI6h

2. friscoflyer

These would probably be just fine and an upgrade to the stock propellers. I'd imagine the existing props are made in China as well. The rest of the P2V is.

3. Scottrod

I ordered a set to try them. I'll post the results.

4. W.A.R.

These definitely look interesting.

Does anyone else have experience with carbon finer props for the Vision? Any other brands too look at?

5. Gizmo3000

Why are you guys considering them for the vision in the first place?

6. BenDronePilot

I suggest staying away from carbon fiber props for your Phantom. It's not going to bring anything to the table really. And it will also make your bird MUCH more dangerous should you have the misfortune of running into a human being with this. Instead of getting hit by soft plastic props they'll be getting hit by steel hard carbon fiber. I can not tell you how bad that would be. Stick to what you've got, it works great. Don't worry, fly happy :)

7. jwuman

Concur with Bendronepilot,,,balance if needed and fly on!

8. OI Photography

Gizmo and Ben are absolutely right, there are minimal if any benefits to adding CF props to the vision, especially with the cost and other risk factors. A number of us have stopped using 9" CF props on our original Phantoms in favor of the Vision's stock props.

If you're still determined to use CF props on a Vision, I would be wary of those self-tightening ones in that ebay listing, at least until you have confirmed reports from other users. I've never seen a CF prop with a self-tightening nut, and the hub is a common point of failure on the crappy CF props, so those still smell a little fishy to me.

9. Jax Quad

I wasted $200 on T Motors for my Vision and almost another $100 for matching carbon props. Neither the motors or the props added anything. They were quieter, but that's it. the props are as sharp as razor blades and as mentioned before potentially much more dangerous. I will stick with the stock props for sure, and motors.

10. IAP

IAP

I got some carbon props for my stock Phantom Vision,. Sourced off Ebay from China.

I put them on last night, man what a totally CRAP flight experience. It flew like an airborne bucking bull when it encountered the slightest air turbulence. Total waste of money I reckon. I put the plastic props back on and sent her up, rock solid flight!

I ordered the T motors, sounds like I am in for another underwhelming experience :(

11. IAP

IAP