Carbon Fiber Propeller & Jello footage

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 with the Zemuse Gimbal and a Hero3+ Black. When I run at 60p I am seeing the slight jello effect that I'm sure many of you have experienced. It's not as bad as I thought it would be and I only notice it at 1080p 60p on the GoPro. When I shoot 2k at 30p, I don't really see it. Sometimes I like to use the 60p function to give me a slo mo effect and convert to 30p. But the result is too wobbly to slow down.

My question is regarding the carbon fiber propellers. Do they really make a difference? Who is using it? Which ones are the best? All of the ones sold on Amazon have terrible reviews and most believe they are just plastic sprayed to look like carbon fiber.

Thanks for the help. I apologize if this thread is well covered territory on this forum. I'm new here and know how sometimes forums get the same question over and over. Feel free to direct me to another thread. I've only had my quad for all of three days but have flown it all over. So amazing. Today we did the "lets see how high I can fly it" test, and were impressed that I could never get it to go out of range. We certainly live in the future. ;)

Sorry I haven't tried them. I thought they were to give a little boost in thrust and possibly extend the length of a flight. I was thinking of trying the same thing for making some slow mo video by shooting at 60fps. I guess I'll find out how it works.

There are no - and I mean NO - good reports of using CF props on a Phantom. The Phantom's props are designed to change their pitch by flexing. Rigid CF props just don't work well.

HarryT said:
There are no - and I mean NO - good reports of using CF props on a Phantom. The Phantom's props are designed to change their pitch by flexing. Rigid CF props just don't work well.

Gotta say... I learn a lot from your posts :) Thanks dude! I never knew that about the design of the props.

Also an ND filter helps with the jello effect. Also try setting your shutter speed to double your fps.
So if you're recording at 24 set shutter to 50, 30fps -- 60, 60fps 120 recording at.
The super high shutter speeds like in the hundreds to 1000 don't help at all with that jello effect, aliasing (like when lines look pixelated)
The ND filter will allow you to get a lower shutter speed.

Also an ND filter helps with the jello effect. Also try setting your shutter speed to double your fps.
So if you're recording at 24 set shutter to 50, 30fps -- 60, 60fps 120 recording at.
The super high shutter speeds like in the hundreds to 1000 don't help at all with that jello effect, aliasing (like when lines look pixelated)
The ND filter will allow you to get a lower shutter speed.

I think the OP figured that out more then a year ago. Article was posted Sept14,2014.

I think the OP figured that out more then a year ago. Article was posted Sept14,2014.
I could blame many thing for it but I'm going to go with just plain ol' I didn't pay attention to the date excuse.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20