Carbon fiber 9in phantom props from DSLRpros

I watched a video they did, and I realized it is just a guy selling stuff out of his garage. When you look at the website, you would think there was a busy storefront location to go with it, but it isn't like that at all.
I fell into the same trap with Future Hobbies here in San Jose. I got the exact same runaround you got with DSLR Pro's.
"Due to the high call volume my a**).
I try to be more careful about researching when I shop around now. I go to the "about us" and "contact us" section of the
website, look it up on google maps,and try to make sure there is an actual storefront .

To update still no return email but I placed one more call today and finally got sales. This guy was helpful, seemed sincere and he allowed me to cancel the order of the 9in Cf props. He mentioned that the props are from overseas but also mentioned that DSLRpros specifies the design parameters. So in short they perform better for the phantom is what he said from his experience using all the different props. I am going to think just a bit on placing another order for the 8in CF props and the prop guards.

Audaciter said:
I try to be more careful about researching when I shop around now. I go to the "about us" and "contact us" section of the
website, look it up on google maps,and try to make sure there is an actual storefront .

Yes, things can indeed be a bit deceiving with online purchases.

When I saw that DSLRpros was "located" nearby and right off my commute to work, I figured I could skip the wait for shipping and just pick one (my Phantom) up, only to discover that they merely ship the Phantom from an Amazon warehouse. But since nobody else sold them nearby I still went with them. I'm still uncertain how they run their biz, as they have an California po box, but everything I've received from them has been from Florida. so who knows.
But in this day and age of internet sales, there's not much need for a storefront anyhow.

meanwhile I discovered another local biz, Filmtools (in Burbank, also near my work),with a huge warehouse that caters to tons of professionals, is selling Phantoms. went there one week to see nearly 20 boxes for sale.
but not a single person knew anything about them really, they just sold them and probably would let buyers deal with repairs thru DJI or something.

So in this case, i just might lean towards dealing with a biz that doesn't have a storefront than one that does.

First time post here. I installed the 9in CF props yesterday. I am getting really bad jello compared to the stock props. It seemed like the phantom was really wobbling during flight as well. I believe the props are really out of balance. I am going to get a prop balancer and report back.

My phantom has a Hero3 underneath and Fat Shark FPV setup with SkyLark tiny OSD III mounted inside. She flys great with the stock props, was just looking for a little boost since I carry a pretty good amount of weight. Everything I read on here said these CF props were just bolt on so I didn't mind paying a little more. Kinda bummed about the imbalance

The 9in CF props are the real benefit when carrying extra weight around as that's really what they were designed to do as told to me by the DSLRpro folks. Sounds like your props are out of balance even though they promote "Our props are machined balanced." Seems like with this said they'd be close to balanced at least. Maybe balance the motor next. I ended up buying these props after I cancelled the order for the DSLRpro CF props:

Carbon Fiber Propellers Props CW/CCW Blades for DJI Phantom 2 Pair(4PCS) $18.98 (free shipping)
Sold by: tomytoys at Amazon (taking forever to get them so they must be coming from china like all the others minus the 50 price tag)

Also bought this 2200mah 25C lipo battery from Amazon and it's a perfect battery at $19.90 (free shipping)
11.1v 2200mah 3s1p 25c Lipo Battery
Sold by Hobbymate Hobby/ A stellar battery with 12awg wires and a deans connector per-soldered. I run the dean's connector and feel it's the way to go and saves a little weight as well. I use an after market charger with deans plug so it just made sense. Cut the stock Dji XT60 plugs off and compare the set to the male and female deans plug.

Dji battery is a 20C discharge and it uses 14awg or smaller wires. I'd pick the Hobbymate battery over the dji battery hands down now that I've seen it. Very nice looking battery and it allows the same run time. Pretty much all the battery cells come from China where the dif manufactures just slap on their packaging, wires and battery connector.

WIFI442 said:
First time post here. I installed the 9in CF props yesterday. I am getting really bad jello compared to the stock props. It seemed like the phantom was really wobbling during flight as well. I believe the props are really out of balance. I am going to get a prop balancer and report back.

My phantom has a Hero3 underneath and Fat Shark FPV setup with SkyLark tiny OSD III mounted inside. She flys great with the stock props, was just looking for a little boost since I carry a pretty good amount of weight. Everything I read on here said these CF props were just bolt on so I didn't mind paying a little more. Kinda bummed about the imbalance

I installed these props, as well. Made the recommended gain adjustments and took it out today to try them out. Having only the gorpro mounted I will have to reiterate what WIFI was saying about the Phantom wobbling around. Seemed to me that it occurred only when descending. Can anyone answer as to whether or not it is due to imbalance?

I also believe that the 9in prop might be too long. When I installed them I noticed how close the tips came to being in contact with the phantom. After landing from the first flight with these, I indeed saw evidence of white marks on the props from hitting the phantom. Maybe this is causing the wobble when descending?

I also believe that the 9in prop might be too long. When I installed them I noticed how close the tips came to being in contact with the phantom. After landing from the first flight with these, I indeed saw evidence of white marks on the props from hitting the phantom. Maybe this is causing the wobble when descending?

If they are too close to the Phantom's shell, you could put spacers under the props. All props should be balanced prior
to use. Don't assume they come pre-balanced, some may be off a little, some more, some less.

I've got some super nice looking, brand new 8in CF props that came to me thorough the mail. Can't use them anymore because my Phantom rests at the bottom of a lake. Sell for 25 shipped in the US using paypal. They are keyed for a direct fit and it won't take a month or weeks to get them from China.

-Bryan, [email protected]

freelanceshots said:
I've got some super nice looking, brand new 8in CF props that came to me thorough the mail. Can't use them anymore because my Phantom rests at the bottom of a lake. Sell for 25 shipped in the US using paypal. They are keyed for a direct fit and it won't take a month or weeks to get them from China.

-Bryan, [email protected]

I would be interested in purchasing those from you : [email protected]

Thanks for the inquires, sold the props right away. A big disappointment that I never got to use them. From day one I wanted upgraded stiffer props but didn't pull the trigger until it was to late. Had Groupner props bought many times but always got back emails sorry for the error but they aren't in stock.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj