carbon fiber 9" self tightening props?

Reaction score
im very confused on props, new to the phantom world.

i have the 1.1.1 dji phantom, already put 9" vision props on it. but i want carbon fiber ones. are they available, if so, where?

thanks guys/girls!

The ones we have tested so far are not worth buying. The best props we have found are the stock ones. Nothing else flys as stable.

phantom_medic said:

i have the 1.1.1 dji phantom, already put 9" vision props on it. but i want carbon fiber ones. are they available, if so, where?

thanks guys/girls!

Why do you want aftermarket CF props?

What problems have you experienced with DJI P2 props?

shrill mute said:
phantom_medic said:

thanks guys/girls!

looks and less vibration.

none.

I must agree that stock ones are far better than carbon ones. I purchased 10 pairs and they break just as easy, not to mention having to balance each blade... I kept them as back ups.

phantom_medic said:
shrill mute said:
phantom_medic said:

thanks guys/girls!

looks and less vibration.

none.

Why do you assume that CF props wil exhibit less vibration?

Re: carbon fiber 9" self tightening props?

Contrary to popular belief, you want your props to be flexible, not ridged. The white stock props are good and flexible, and provides the best performance as a result.

I have no idea why you would put carbon fiber props on.. In fact, I don't know why they exist at all. Maybe because they look cool, but that's it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Re: carbon fiber 9

golgotha said:
Contrary to popular belief, you want your props to be flexible, not ridged. The white stock props are good and flexible, and provides the best performance as a result.

I have no idea why you would put carbon fiber props on.. In fact, I don't know why they exist at all. Maybe because they look cool, but that's it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I would imagine they exist because someone manufactured them as an alternative prop. I have used NON self tightening CF props for 14mths & never had a problem. Admittedly, they do need to be balanced but other than that they are brilliant and I personally wouldn't go back to the plastic ones. I keep the white plastic ones as spares and have chucked them on a couple of times and it immediately feels sluggish & slow to respond.

** However they are VERY sharp and could cause serious injury! Think about your surroundings before flying

I have found stock props to easily chip, slit or shatter in any kind of contact with anything, no matter how minor.
I have found the CF to be more durable, yet not invincable. But, I have not been flying longing enough to have an opinion on operation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.