Carbon fiber 9 in. P2 props

Reaction score
This is going against the general consensus, I think, but here's what I found out. The mailman brought my new props today and I had to try them out so I checked them for cracks or flaws, balanced them and spun them on. By the way, three of the props were almost perfectly balanced and one needed just a bit of sanding. My V1.1.1. took off like a rocket, hovered perfectly and flew like a dream....I felt like it was noticeably more responsive to the controls and faster both vertically and laterally. Also, I got almost 2 minutes more flying time on four different batteries...two 2200's and two 2700's. The only real drawbacks in my opinion is that they are just a bit too long for the prop guards and they are noticeably louder, which makes no difference to me. I am going to figure out a way to mod the prop guards and get them out about a half inch and keep on flying with them. I am totally satisfied with the product and I feel safe in recommending them to other flyers. Comments anyone?

Hawkeye 1 said:
This is going against the general consensus, I think, but here's what I found out. The mailman brought my new props today and I had to try them out so I checked them for cracks or flaws, balanced them and spun them on. By the way, three of the props were almost perfectly balanced and one needed just a bit of sanding. My V1.1.1. took off like a rocket, hovered perfectly and flew like a dream....I felt like it was noticeably more responsive to the controls and faster both vertically and laterally. Also, I got almost 2 minutes more flying time on four different batteries...two 2200's and two 2700's. The only real drawbacks in my opinion is that they are just a bit too long for the prop guards and they are noticeably louder, which makes no difference to me. I am going to figure out a way to mod the prop guards and get them out about a half inch and keep on flying with them. I am totally satisfied with the product and I feel safe in recommending them to other flyers. Comments anyone?

Ditto! Loving my CF props!

Which ones exactly did you get? Where did you purchase from?

I think the quicker response is due to the increased stiffness of the CF blades. Less flex, more direct airflow.

GundoLarry said:
Which ones exactly did you get? Where did you purchase from?

I think the quicker response is due to the increased stiffness of the CF blades. Less flex, more direct airflow.

I ordered them off Amazon...29.00 for the set. The prop nuts on them are bigger and more rounded and they are black and red instead of silver. They are very nice looking, well made and they fly great....I am sold on them and will definitely order more now that I've tried them !

**note--the vendor is Repairparts 1998

I have also purchased those very same props..... VERY RESPONSIVE but you have to be really careful in the wind. I have found that due to there stiffness there is no forgiveness when a slight breeze hits her....she lurches and bucks all around trying to stabilize herself.

Do you two also have wind issues with these props?

I have the P2 without the camera. I have the Zenmuse with GoPro but have not tried the props. P1 & P2 are different. My blades on the P2 are 9.5 inches with the self tightening / reverse threaded motor shafts.

I just bought a replacement set of white plastic 9.5's..but they did not say DJI on them. Kinda concerned. The OEM props work awesome. Hope these new plastic ones don't have some strange issues or different compound.

Interested in info about CF P2 Props though...

lkptrex said:
I have also purchased those very same props..... VERY RESPONSIVE but you have to be really careful in the wind. I have found that due to there stiffness there is no forgiveness when a slight breeze hits her....she lurches and bucks all around trying to stabilize herself.

Do you two also have wind issues with these props?

It was a little breezy today when I tried them out and I didn't notice that. I have propguards on mine so perhaps that might change flight characteristics a bit....I'm going to take them off if I get a chance to fly tomorrow and I'll report back if anything is different. Even if that is the case, I think it's a small price to pay for what you get out of them....I won't use anything else unless some problem pops up down the road.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj