Carbon Blend Propellers Causing Drift?

Reaction score
I bought a set of carbon blend propellers from Amazon and they are causing a nasty drift all over the place on my craft. I tried it with stick props and the drift stopped. Anyone have this issue as well?

If you are talking about seriously large drifts, I doubt the props are causing this as the GPS and the "brains" of the drone would correct for any propeller affects. Small drifts maybe? This is just an opinion, but I think more data needs to be forthcoming.

If you are talking about seriously large drifts, I doubt the props are causing this as the GPS and the "brains" of the drone would correct for any propeller affects. Small drifts maybe? This is just an opinion, but I think more data needs to be forthcoming.

The drift is about four feet either side but almost like I was in ATTI mode. The problem fixed itself entirely when I switched to stock propellers though. I am just beyond curious as to why this could be? They say that they are DJI brand

Did you check the lower prop hub collar to ensure they are "free spinning" (using the back end of a 5/16" drill bit) and not binding? If there is any binding or friction that does not allow "free spinning" the prop may not be screwing down completely on the motor shaft... causing one prop to be slightly higher up the shaft and out of level with the other props. The drift you are explaining sounds EXACTLY how a drone will react with an out of level prop and how the issue is completely resolved with another, properly fitting, set of props.

If that does appear to be the case, just flip your drill bit over and drill the hub collar out... carefully. It takes VERY little material removal to clear them up. They should then free spin all they down and seat themselves fully on the shaft.

Along those same lines... even if your hub collars are fine, mount them, then flip your drone upside down on a flat level surface. All prop tips should come in contact with the level surface. If there is any "wooble" where one prop is not in full contact it might just be a faulty hub core issue. Same result as mentioned above though. If possible, return for replacements.

they could be very unbalanced props .. you should put together a simple balancer and see.

Also the ones on Amazon are most times knock offs. I have bought several pair of what they say OEM but when arrived I knew they were not. I only buy the carbon online.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen