Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Car charger???

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by stulpin300m, Jan 7, 2016.

1. stulpin300m

Has anyone bought a car charger? I've seen a few online just wondering if anyone can recommend one. Seen a few cheaper ones just wondering if anyone has any experience with one. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. t2adze

I bought it, but apparently manual says not to charge while car is moving... :(

3. stulpin300m

That's weird. What kind did you buy and from where?

4. t2adze

This one.
    but the manual of phantom battery says that. Not the charger manual.

Attached Files:

5. Grae

I get the feeling these car chargers are very dodgy. Keen to know more.

6. Energy Guy

I got a Duracell 175 watt inverter at Costco. $15. 3 foot cord. It has 2 120 vac outlets. Just plug it into the car outlet. I can charge my batteries, laptop, phone, tablet, RC, etc. while I'm on the road.

7. rwakins

I also use a inverter, it work well.

8. iMack

I bought the BTG car charger and have used it throughout a roadtrip. The quality of the plastic does feel cheap, but you get what you pay for. I used this whilst driving, and although it does get warm I've had no problems with it. You mention your not supposed to charge whilst driving - this I didn't know. Shows how many times I read the manual. However I feel the convenience outweighs the risk for me.

BTG Car Charger for DJI Phantom 3 Professional Pro Battery: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

9. joeb1999

Car chargers. Basically. Don't have enough output for these. No matter what car charger I try for my Iphone 6, it just barely keeps it alive. Unless its powered off, its not charging.

I don't see any difference with these. Even using an inverter would not work, unless you have a 12v car battery and connect the inverter directly too it. Through your lighter outlet in your car won't work.

For the field. Better off buying a good high charge capacity backup battery. I have one thats 2.1 amp output and charges my iphone in a half hour. 50,000mhamp. More then enough to zap one of these in the field. It uses a usb connection, so not sure if it could work.

I don't have time to check, but if a usb charger exists for them this would work.

On a cold day my iphones glued to it so it can't fail.