Car charger

i am in australia and i think that i woudl ratehr use the cheap one
there would literally be nothing different freom the expensive charger to the cheap one

i Have a cheap one on its way...

the part that i dont get about these batteries is these dont have balance plugs like normal LIPO batteries

so how are you even guaranteed a good charge?

i think the balance is built into the battery, the circuit board where the button is

shane_hood said:
the part that i dont get about these batteries is these dont have balance plugs like normal LIPO batteries

so how are you even guaranteed a good charge?

The P2 batteries have an integrated charging/balancing circuit. The only thing the power brick or car charger does is supply constant voltage and limited amps to the battery, the internal charging circuit does the rest.

well 20 dolloar car charger is on its way!

if it can supply 4amps to the battery then it is still going to take obver an hour to charge a dji battery anyhow...

Attachments

• IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 352
ill let you all know how my ebay one goes! going to take at least an hour to fully charge a battery any how!

jaykay2PT said:
Aside from price issues, what is wrong with this one?

https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-2 ... harger-kit

My issue with it is the price.
A 220v charger involves more electronics that this one and therefore must be cheaper to produce.
It costs 300% more then the 220v one, yes 300%.
I rather have for that price a inverter and 2 x 220v chargers.

npalen said:
The DJI charger shows input of 1.8 amps which would be over 200 watts on 120VAC. I would be concerned that the 50 watt and 100 watt inverters might overheat/damage the charger as well as the inverter.

My concern too. At 1.8A and 120v, that would need continuous 216 watts. Even a 200 watt inverter would seem to not be enough. I actually currently have a 200 watt inverter with overload protection and it alarms as soon as I plug in my P2V+ battery. The lights on the battery do begin to blink, but I am worried that this may wreck the battery or become a danger to the Lipo.

It is hard to find a power inverter that will go much over 200 watts through the DC12V outlet (cigarette lighter). I found this one on amazon and will give it a try...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MD ... _i=desktop

$26.99 and many good reviews. It's 300 watts, so plenty to do the job. I will report back here on my findings.

FantomPhlyer said:
npalen said:
The DJI charger shows input of 1.8 amps which would be over 200 watts on 120VAC. I would be concerned that the 50 watt and 100 watt inverters might overheat/damage the charger as well as the inverter.

My concern too. At 1.8A and 120v, that would need continuous 216 watts. Even a 200 watt inverter would seem to not be enough. I actually currently have a 200 watt inverter with overload protection and it alarms as soon as I plug in my P2V+ battery. The lights on the battery do begin to blink, but I am worried that this may wreck the battery or become a danger to the Lipo.

It is hard to find a power inverter that will go much over 200 watts through the DC12V outlet (cigarette lighter). I found this one on amazon and will give it a try...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MD ... _i=desktop

$26.99 and many good reviews. It's 300 watts, so plenty to do the job. I will report back here on my findings.
It does the job fine. Been using this very one for 8 months now.

4wd said:
However the car 12V socket does say 150w max!

Correct! That is why it is hard to find an inverter that will actually do more than 150 to 200 watt.

However, the 300 watt inverter i mentioned before seems to do the job great!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik