Car charger

Car inverter works well fo me, especially with one of those 3 way charging bars. An inverter also has the advantage you can run other things as well. For example when I am demonstrating to others I have a 22" monitor on the back seat plugged into the diversity video out of my black pearl so my guests can see what I see without invading my personal space!

I've got 2 car inverters that run the home chargers.
As mentioned here you can use them also to power other stuff.
They consume a lot of power, be sure that the car battery is in good condition.

i think an invertor was responsible for blowing up my bro's GoPro. He'd got a USB plug with lead plugged in charging his GoPro, but its never worked since. Because it was unregulated i think it surged, upping the voltage to more than the 5volt from the USB plug frying the GoPro.

As the DJi is an intelligent charger & a bit more complex than the USB plug he was using it might have some internal protection, but be careful if you buy a cheaper unregulated invertor. Especially if your using it to charge lower voltage stuff

p fandango said:
i think an invertor was responsible for blowing up my bro's GoPro. He'd got a USB plug with lead plugged in charging his GoPro, but its never worked since. Because it was unregulated i think it surged, upping the voltage to more than the 5volt from the USB plug frying the GoPro.

As the DJi is an intelligent charger & a bit more complex than the USB plug he was using it might have some internal protection, but be careful if you buy a cheaper unregulated invertor. Especially if your using it to charge lower voltage stuff

I imagine a surge protector between inverter and device is the course of action.

The DJI charger shows input of 1.8 amps which would be over 200 watts on 120VAC. I would be concerned that the 50 watt and 100 watt inverters might overheat/damage the charger as well as the inverter.

Charging using a 3 bar charger with a good make 300w inverter will not flatten you battery. Ive used mine to charge 3 batteries while the car is not going on and off when out for a full days filming. I have done this many many times.

What prevents the P2 batteries from being charged directly from a 12VDC power source? The label on the charger calls it a "switching power supply" so perhaps that definition answers the question? The term "smart battery" would indicate to me that the battery is capable of charging itself if given a 12VDC supply but I'm sure that is not the case.
Perhaps one of our electronics experts can help me out here?

The problem with that is a car battery has a voltage of 12 to 15 v (if motor is running).
The voltage itself probably is not a problem but a car battery can give off hundreds of amps and potentially could dump that into the drone battery with disastrous results. Thats why a regulated PSU is needed.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

Just the price as I said in my first post.

I have purchased the car inverter shown above for less than 10 euros with shipping.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj