Car charger for P3P

Reaction score
Any one tried or recommend the of car charger for p3p batteries , as its not available from DJI

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448240569.871038.jpg

A lot of people are using this car charger from Toshare on Amazon. I'm not sure if that's what is pictured above, but people always say the Toshare car charger works well.

When car engine is running, it produces about 14.5 - 17 volts. But anyway we use boost DC-DC converters, which step up and regulate the voltage to the desired.

Reactions: bobmyers
So, my question is, how do you charge a 15v P3 with 12v?
If it was me, I'd get a small 120v inverter and just plug it in.
A small one wont work-- takes a 1000 watt -- I have one -- but have had issues with it blowing fuses -- when plugged in direct to the car plug. If I hook it direct to the battery, it works ok-- but kind of hard driving down the road with it hooked to the battery if I want to charge when driving.

1000 Watts? 50W is enough for a battery charging.

A small one wont work-- takes a 1000 watt -- I have one -- but have had issues with it blowing fuses -- when plugged in direct to the car plug. If I hook it direct to the battery, it works ok-- but kind of hard driving down the road with it hooked to the battery if I want to charge when driving.
You only need 120 watts to charge one battery. I have a 300 watt charger and it will charge 3 batteries at the same time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie