Captain America Civil War = FAA Registration

Reaction score
So, in Captain America, the Avengers split into two groups. The reason they split it because half of them the want the government's "Superhero Registration" to be implicated. The other half doesn't want to be registered. This is very similar to the FAA UAV Registration. the are two groups. Those are for the Registration, and those who hate it. I used to be for the registration, but I'm starting to not like it. What side are you on?

This is a topic that will start fights and name calling & this has been debated many many times here .

popcorn.gif

I registered as soon as it started and have no problems with it .
It wasn't if I liked it or not but it is the way it is going so why fight it .
You don't want to don't .
Dead Hourse.png

Yea it seems we are experiencing a new wave of forum participants... GREAT!!!

But with that come the recycling of soooo many contentious issues...

Props
CSC
Regulations vs. Laws
Skirting Commercial regulations by selling "editing", etc.
Registration
and so on.

I have noticed though, that like myself, most of the 'seasoned' members are avoiding these discussions [again] and letting those newbs repeat history and learn many things the hard way.

Props
CSC
Regulations vs. Laws
Registration
and so on.

I have noticed though, that like myself, most of the 'seasoned' members are avoiding these discussions [again] and letting those newbs repeat history and learn many things the hard way.
Maybe you shouldn't comment on someone's thread if you don't want to be part of the discussion.

As for registration my brother in law flies wooden airplanes that have greater than 5 foot wingspan. I asked him how much they weigh and if he was registered and he was pissed that the guys at the hobby shop are not telling people. It seems everyone thinks that only "drones" need to register.

Reactions: NormanNormal

Props
CSC
Regulations vs. Laws
Registration
and so on.

Bitter much?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not bitter.

An observation.

Now you'll notice it too.

yep I notice it also

Reactions: dirkclod and N017RW
I'm old school. I had a "Radio License" to fly R/C aircraft many many moons ago.

I registered because it's required. I have hobby registration for my fun aircraft and commercial registration for my commercial aircraft.I fully believe we need registration and some degree of regulation. That's about as deep as I'm willing to stick my toes into this pool at the moment LOL!

Reactions: EddieM
Um, did I just start a war?
*Badum-Tish*

I registered, I don't think it's a big deal, it hasn't effected me negatively in any way.

The registration requirement hasnt hit where I am yet but everything I put in the air has my drivers licence and mobile phone numbers clearly recorded. Another number wont hurt.

Reactions: BigAl07
The registration requirement hasnt hit where I am yet but everything I put in the air has my drivers licence and mobile phone numbers clearly recorded. Another number wont hurt.
Are you serious? DL#? That is just a step down from putting your SS no. On it.... if you value your identity (fraud) you should consider taking DL No. Off it!

Are you serious? DL#? That is just a step down from putting your SS no. On it.... if you value your identity (fraud) you should consider taking DL No. Off it!
DL# turns up in lots of places. Tax File Number would be different. You need more than DL number to steal an identity. Even RTA needs the card number from the licence for POI.

DL# are on your hunting and fishing license here .If not anyone could use someone else's .Is how game wardens tell if you are straight up .

Just because you register as required, does not mean you are opposed.

Frankly, I have no real issue with the concept of registering something that can be stolen or lost and someone finds/returns.

I do not think the FAA has done a good job or handled it well; but it really has no impact, is not "feathering a bureaucratic nest" at $5 a pop for two years and if some of the "watch me fly my drone in the Macy's Parade" idiots get caught, then ok.

It's been hashed before but new faces discussing old topics helps keep forums alive.

Reactions: BigAl07
Not bitter.

An observation.

Now you'll notice it too.
Hence why I stay away now. Came back to read up on some general stuff, and see it's still the same old same old.

Haven't flown my *registered* drones in months now. Not sure if and when I ever will again. Boring now.

It's not for everyone.
At least you realized before spending too much???
I love my P2 flying in Manual.
Hopefully you'll find some other place to spend your money and time.

Hence why I stay away now. Came back to read up on some general stuff, and see it's still the same old same old.

Haven't flown my *registered* drones in months now. Not sure if and when I ever will again. Boring now.
Good point. How do you unregister if you sell your aircraft and move on to a different hobby?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie