Cape Coral Ft Myers Naples Puenta Gorda, ETC

Hello,

I just purchased a P4Pro. I am debating returning it because it seems like there are so many flight restrictions on where you can fly in SW Florida. Is the park restriction for take-off and landing strictly enforced? What do I need to do (who to call, what to say, etc.) if I want to fly below 400' between 2 and 5 nautical miles from RSW (Currently living in Plantation Somerset)? Are there any great places to fly and get good film where I won't be braking any laws/rules?

There's a few, give me a shout if you want to together. I'm in ft myers also

Anyone in Fort Myers/Cape area flying a P3S with Litchi?
Having some issues with Litchi going into ATTI mode and loosing waypoint references.
I have tried all suggestions on search results, but still having issues with it.

Thanks in advance,
Danny

To be honest and it could be just me, but I don't seem to have a lot of faith in Litchi. I have it for IOS, I got it to make my pano's on Drone base easier to do, but the 2 time's I tried it the app just closed in the middle of the flight. I had to open DJI Go while in the air and do it manually.

Yeah,
I got the Litchi for waypoints but I can't seem to make it work.
Once work slows down maybe we can meet up.

Reactions: Steve Benton
Yeah,
I got the Litchi for waypoints but I can't seem to make it work.
Once work slows down maybe we can meet up.
Give me a shout when ever, I only get to fly on week ends, I'm going to do a few drone base jobs Saturday but if I have a chance I'll try set up and fly a waypoint mission on litchi

To be honest and it could be just me, but I don't seem to have a lot of faith in Litchi. I have it for IOS, I got it to make my pano's on Drone base easier to do, but the 2 time's I tried it the app just closed in the middle of the flight. I had to open DJI Go while in the air and do it manually.
Maybe over heated? That happen once using the Autopilot app. Switched from a iPad mini 2 to a mini 4 no problems now... so far :)

A quick question for those of you in the SW Florida area.

Have any of you run into a place where you are not able to take off? I'm talking NFZ/Restricted and similar where no matter what you did, the bird will not start or take off.

I'm doing some testing and am looking for a spot like that to validate some settings.

Thanks.

AD

A quick question for those of you in the SW Florida area.

Have any of you run into a place where you are not able to take off? I'm talking NFZ/Restricted and similar where no matter what you did, the bird will not start or take off.

I'm doing some testing and am looking for a spot like that to validate some settings.

Thanks.

AD

I believe you can't take off in RSW airspace but I think thats the only one in ft myers

Didn't have any problems with Page field. That one tested out with no problem.

I'll take a test run in the parking garage at RSW. Can't harm anything from inside during the low test. If the whole scheme is GPS based, I'll find an appropriate spot.

I really don't want to try the experiments at the prison facilities yet without some type of prior permission for a variety of reasons. That will be farther on down the road.

What I'm really looking for is some place where any of you guys have found it impossible to start and take off.

Thanks.

AD

The main reason is because I continue to read of problems that some people have when they need to do a legitimate flight or job in an area that is a NFZ or restricted.

As I have yet to find an area that won't allow me to start and take off, I'm trying to track down a spot or two locally and see if I have the same problem as the other pilot who can't make the flight.

When I first got my drone last year, I did see the NFZ warning a few times but got rid of it with the simple text input and haven't had a problem since.

My local airport (PGD) was no problem, nor was Page field. I'll try to find some time this week to discretely test at RSW. Nothing dangerous, of course. Actually nothing even illegal if you test correctly.

AD

I'd be interested to hear your findings, I'm familiar with the warning. I've bumped into that on the 5 mile edge of RSW, but you agree and keep going. I've never tried closer than that. I live about 2 miles from page and I know I can take off there. You on the latest firmware?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues