Capacitor Adhesive - Help Please

Reaction score
I had to replace the shell on my Phantom 3 Pro. I watched a video on YouTube of a guy opening up his shell with a butter knife to pop the tabs. I did the same and unfortunately, it looks like I knocked a capacitor loose. The capacitor looks like it just sits in a little black plastic "seat," and the metal prongs bend and then touch the motherboard (doesn't look like they were soldered on). To keep the other capacitors in place, it looks like there is some sort of adhesive or silicon holding them in place.

Does anyone know what that adhesive is? Or where I can get some? Seems like this is the last step to me getting my P3P back up in the air.

Thanks, in advance, for the feedback/help.

Last edited:
Wanted to update that I used Loctite Clear Silicone, says it's aquarium safe. I pulled the metal prongs on the capacitor down through the plastic "seat" and then placed it loosely so that it looked like it was lined up and the metal would touch. I then used the Loctite to seal it to the motherboard in a similar fashion as the other existing capacitors.

There's a little white outline of where the capacitor should be placed. If you are concerned about with the way the capacitor should face, on the top of the capacitor there is a black section and it should face the same way as the other capacitors on the motherboard - use those for reference to the other little black "seats" they sit on based on their shape.

I put everything back together and all is operational through the DJI app. So far, so good. Hope to be back in the air Saturday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.