Can't upgrade firmware on P3 Controller when needed

Reaction score
I am tired of trying anymore so I thought to put the question out here. My P3 controller on the app keeps telling me that I need to upgrade my firmware. Have tried every type of steps from DJI academy videos to youtube videos and still does not update.
I updated the firmware on the aircraft to the latest (1.3.20) and it updated fine. Use the sd card connected directly to the controller to update it and never get the "blue" light status and it never updates. Tried updating directly through the app, no update. Tried connecting the controller directly to the aircraft with the cable and nothing...
I finally called and through a painful "on hold" waiting process, talked with someone from DJI. They said I would need to send it to them so they can reset the controller, then it would work?? Problem is, they said it would take 8 weeks to get the controller back from them. What a joke! Some customer service they have...
Anyway, I'm hoping that someone else has experienced this and can help me take care of it myself without having to ship it to the factory.
Any thoughts?

"GM"
-
I had the EXACT problem you have. The #$%$#@&%$ RC wouldn't take the update. I was sick of seeing that **** red "update required." DJI told me to send it back to them OR the dealer, if possible. Thankfully, I purchased the P3P from B&H in NY. They said send it back and even provided the UPS shipping label! 'Had the new rig in two or three days. The new quad and remote took the latest firmware with NO issues.
-
Check with your dealer?
Wishing you luck.

Have you used the gimbal as the usb reader??
Turn on phantom with the bin file on SD and SD in the gimbal. Plug micro end into the gimbal and USB rectangular end into the controller. Turn controller on and the camera will go limp (it does this when plugged into a PC/Mac). Wait for the colour led changes on the remote.

IF FAIL... follow the cut and paste instructions below. The bold part is a hard reset method you can use.
Have a read.. Not sure if its going to help...

DJI Forum|New P3P-update firmware??

GL 300A:Please try to update GL300A remote controllers by using a USB drive/ SD card adapter or connecting the aircraft gimble port with the controller via a USB cable. If you fail updating with these two methods, please connect your controller with your app (meanwhile keep the aircraft off and keep your mobile device connected with the Internet), then turn on your app, go to camera-aircraft status, download and install the firmware and the remote controller will be updated (More than 15 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

GL300B:
Remote controllers whose model type is GL300B can only be updated on your app, however, according to the survey, the updates failed in the following three conditions:

First, The remote controller turns off automatically, then the first led light on it turns cyan. And when you connect your remote controller with your mobile device again, the app says no signal, and there’s no notification that says the remote controller needs to be updated.
Solution: It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated. (More than 10 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Second, the app fails updating the remote controller and the first led light turns red.
Solution: please update on your app again. (More than 2 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Third, the remote controller won’t update any ways.
Solution: the 1.2.0 Android app has this bug that no matter your firmware is latest or not, the app will ask you to update the remote controller. The new DJI GO Android app will solve this bug. (Many more remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

"GM"
-
I had the EXACT problem you have. The #$%$#@&%$ RC wouldn't take the update. I was sick of seeing that **** red "update required." DJI told me to send it back to them OR the dealer, if possible. Thankfully, I purchased the P3P from B&H in NY. They said send it back and even provided the UPS shipping label! 'Had the new rig in two or three days. The new quad and remote took the latest firmware with NO issues.
-
Check with your dealer?
Wishing you luck.
GR,
That is the problem. I purchase mine from Circuit Street (which I would not recommend to anyone) and they said there is no way they could take it back and fix it. They referred me to send it to DJI to repair/replace. Circuit Street does not stock the controllers separate and would not take one out of their packages to replace mine. Shame on them!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers