Cant Upgrade Controller wont see it?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am trying to upgrade to version 2/0 but as it did when I first tried to upgrade, tells me to connect to controller, but it is plugged in (I unscrewed and connected inside the controller) Please help what am I doing wrong? I attached photo

ontrollererror.jpg

Forgot to mention I do have the controller on, and the S1 and S2 are in the up position.

The "controller" they're talking about is the one inside the Phantom itself (the NAZA flight controller)...not the transmitter you use to control the flight (confusing I know).

milezone said:
Hi Guys,

I am trying to upgrade to version 2/0 but as it did when I first tried to upgrade, tells me to connect to controller, but it is plugged in (I unscrewed and connected inside the controller) Please help what am I doing wrong? I attached photo

ontrollererror.jpg

Are you using the RC Assistant software to update your TX? It looks like you're just using the standard Phantom Assistant...

-slinger

Maybe I am lost here? I do not actually open the joystick controller up and attach it to update, but only the quad?

Russ

milezone said:
Using the Phantom 2 Assistant Software 2.0

All other updates have been performed? There is only one update that needed the TX taken apart. If all others are done, you just need to plug the P2V into the PC and run the 2.0 update...

-slinger

Your best bet is to plug the P2V into your PC, run the Assistant and see what your current versions are... Let us know what they are and we can help you get through this...

-slinger

Ok here is what I got, I think I did it correctly. I plugged the usb into to the Quad, and did the updates...

phantomversion.jpg

milezone said:
Ok here is what I got, I think I did it correctly. I plugged the usb into to the Quad, and did the updates...

phantomversion.jpg

Yup... Looks good. This is a fairly new P2V, I'm guessing?

-slinger

Also with this update, I can now use the Ground Station, and will it work with Ipad wifi only? Thanks guys for the help.

Russ

-slinger

Slinger, yes got in in Jan, just really have not had much time to use it yet as it's been cold, snowy, and didnt want any issues as it's a pricey sucker. ;-)

So can I use the Ground Station now with this? And I have Ipad 3 Wifi only, is that ok?

Russ

milezone said:
Also with this update, I can now use the Ground Station, and will it work with Ipad wifi only? Thanks guys for the help.

Russ

Nope... We suspect this update is also going to support the new "waypoints" option that's coming in a new version of the APP. Unless you have a Phantom 2 and not a Phantom 2 Vision?

-slinger

milezone said:

-slinger

Slinger, yes got in in Jan, just really have not had much time to use it yet as it's been cold, snowy, and didnt want any issues as it's a pricey sucker. ;-)

So can I use the Ground Station now with this? And I have Ipad 3 Wifi only, is that ok?

Russ

I'm not sure the iPad 3 is going to work with the iPhone app. If it does, I'd be concerned about lag...

-slinger

I have been using the Ipad 3 sometimes with no issues at all, and also the Ipod 4, but that sometimes has laggy issues. Do not have a cell phone, yes I am old fashion still believe a phone is hooked to a cord. ;-) Oh and yes I have a Phantom 2 Vision

milezone said:
I have been using the Ipad 3 sometimes with no issues at all, and also the Ipod 4, but that sometimes has laggy issues. Do not have a cell phone, yes I am old fashion still believe a phone is hooked to a cord. ;-) Oh and yes I have a Phantom 2 Vision

Ahhh... with the Vision, we hear that a new version of the App will be coming out shortly that will support "waypoint" flying. That doesn't mean it'll work with the "ground station" product. In fact, it won't...

-slinger

Well shoot had my hopes up. Guess I can delete Ground Station then. :(

Would be awesome to set points and then let it fly and record the results. I have lots of ideas floating in my head already. In the meantime I am charging my wifi extender and getting ready to enjoy a bit of flying. Thanks for the help Slinger......

Russ

You will be able to set waypoints and fly around, you just won't get all the sexy bells and whistles that the iPad Ground Station app has. But then again we won't have to spend another $200 on the bluetooth datalink that the P2 guys will have to in order to use the sexy iPad app with all the bells and whistles... ;)

Pull_Up said:
You will be able to set waypoints and fly around, you just won't get all the sexy bells and whistles that the iPad Ground Station app has. But then again we won't have to spend another $200 on the bluetooth datalink that the P2 guys will have to in order to use the sexy iPad app with all the bells and whistles... ;)

Sexy = $200. QED.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20