can't update batteries to firmware 2.6 (loader 1.5)

Reaction score
i recently bought 2 more DJI batteries & have just got round to checking they've got the latest firmware on, & it turns out they haven't they've got 2.0. But it says no updates available even when specifically clicking the battery & getting it to search. I checked the loader version & all 4 of my batteries have got loader 1.5, yet the older 2 have got 2.6 & the newer 2 batteries have only got 2.0

my main concern is these new batteries won't have the auto-discharge function which is quite important to me as they'll be stored for a while, do i see if i can get them returned or is there a way to get 2.6 onto them

i'd be interested in a reply to this as mine are also version 2.0 with 1.5 loader and also show no updates.

actully has any one yet to find how to get this mythical battery up date to work and esp the batty discharge thing????? cause not only am Im wondering how its done being none of my battery's seem to work for getting it. I'm also wondering just exactly how the battery's magically discharge them selves even if some one can get it to update and work. I'm also waiting to hear from the first people that have it happen at a time when you dont want it to happen and what new horror storys people are going to have from djis attempt to make there smart battery's do more stuff thats probably not a good Idea for them to do. Like some one having a fully charged battery and deciding to take a flight a few minutes just before the 14 day mark kicks in and the battery trys to discharge its self while in flight. and all the unfun things that might lead to when it happens.

J.James said:
actully has any one yet to find how to get this mythical battery up date to work and esp the batty discharge thing????? cause not only am Im wondering how its done being none of my battery's seem to work for getting it. I'm also wondering just exactly how the battery's magically discharge them selves even if some one can get it to update and work. I'm also waiting to hear from the first people that have it happen at a time when you dont want it to happen and what new horror storys people are going to have from djis attempt to make there smart battery's do more stuff thats probably not a good Idea for them to do. Like some one having a fully charged battery and deciding to take a flight a few minutes just before the 14 day mark kicks in and the battery trys to discharge its self while in flight. and all the unfun things that might lead to when it happens.
An interesting thought. From testing this "auto discharge" if you turn on the fully charged battery the "countdown" stops. I tested this and it worked. Full battery and on 13th day checked and down to 50%. Charged again, let it set for 8 days, powered it up for a few seconds and shut it off. checked it 5 days later and still at almost 100%. The turn on must have killed the countdown. So it should not cause a problem with a battery that is in use. At least it should not. We really never know 100%.

Well that is good to know. Tho I'm still curious how to get this update to work it hasn't seemed to worked with any of my battery's and they all say firmware 2.0 and also i only get N/A in the app for the battery history.

and I'm also real curious just how the battery discharges its self when it does actually work and does a self discharge. I'm figuring that sence they do have a way to internally balance the cells that it must use the balance discharge circuit some how to burn off the extra power in all 3 cells. Threw some of the resisters on the battery's board.

I wonder whether there is any coincidence in this update no longer being available, and Limefuel now advertising compatibility with DJI firmware updates since 1st Jan.

Have they done a deal ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4