Can't trust course lock?

Reaction score
Hey all - been trying some close fly-bys with Course Lock in DJI Go with my Pro. I have to say that both times, after I fly past the point of interest the first time and am coming back, that it distinctly seems to veer towards the object. This has been quite startling and has caused me to stop immediately. It's also been my experience that every feature DJI has included in this amazing bird has worked exactly as intended, so I'm not inclined to doubt the bird or the software. One of the objects was a big metal water tower, which I suppose could confuse the compass...I will have to try it out in the open and see how it does.

Anybody else have a similar experience?

You might try this test: try hovering - and when you're nice and stable, try spinning around in place. If the Phantom wants to drift due to the spinning, an IMU calibration might solve your problem with both the spinning drift and the course lock.

Hey all - been trying some close fly-bys with Course Lock in DJI Go with my Pro. I have to say that both times, after I fly past the point of interest the first time and am coming back, that it distinctly seems to veer towards the object. This has been quite startling and has caused me to stop immediately. It's also been my experience that every feature DJI has included in this amazing bird has worked exactly as intended, so I'm not inclined to doubt the bird or the software. One of the objects was a big metal water tower, which I suppose could confuse the compass...I will have to try it out in the open and see how it does.

Anybody else have a similar experience?

Same thing happened to me recently. I assumed it was me- not pushing the stick straight. Maybe it wasn't me.

I've since read about and seen techniques to use to control my stick movements but haven't had time to test them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4