Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Can't transfer pictures and video via microUSB port

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by DroneDestination, Jan 16, 2016.

1. DroneDestination

I have a P3S, and if I try to transfer pictures/videos from my Phantom via the gimbal's microUSB port, I cannot access the microSD card. I turn on the P3 before beginning transfer.

Please help!

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

The normal method is to pop SD card out - you have to push it in slightly with a fingernail.
    Put it in an adaptor and copy to your computer.
    Using the cable is very slow.

3. DroneDestination

I know that I can use a reader, but I cannot understand why the cable doesn't work at all.

4. RodPad

Are you using Windows or a Mac, does the computer see it as external drive or just nothing, no indication that plugged something into the computer?

5. DroneDestination

Using custom rig with Windows 7 64bit. Windows does not recognize it as an external drive. (The cable I am using supports data transfer, I've tested with a Samsung Galaxy phone)

6. RodPad

Hum, your windows 7 it works with other external drives?
    When I am connected to the PC my phantom makes kind of low but annoying beeping noise. Some of PC's have different speeds on some of the USB ports. But Windows 7 computer that was not upgraded but shipped with W7 shouldn't have a problem. I' am still using XP. I never removed my SD card. Of coarse you have tried another cable and a computer?
    That's all I got.:)